PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, first tank in multiple years

Discus-n00b
12-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Oh hey guys, good to see so many familiar faces still kicking around. I got out of the hobby for a while, needed to sort some stuff, then COVID hit and really took a toll on my job/income since I work in the live event industry, and now finally coming out of that I just felt like I needed to get back into the hobby a little bit. It feels like the right time for a small hobby again. Dipping the toes, only one tank for now though I would love more. It's roughly 2-3 months old at this point I think. 36 Gallon rimless going for the full on planted tank. Has pressurized CO2 and the works. Stocking is Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Corydoras sterbai, Otos, 2 small hillstream loaches, some nerite snails, and a single Koi Snake Swordtail (his partner went carpet surfing last night so I need to get more of those). Anyone have a lead on female Neon Dwarf Rainbows? In a school of 10 I have 2 females.

Battling a little bit of a diatom issue currently but it's to be expected being a brand new tank getting everything dialed in right. Just kind of waiting for it all to grow in at this point. The background plants are going nuts, going to actually have to start trimming soon. Here is a quick phone photo from today, just did a water change on it so its a bit stirred up. The keen eye will notice the wood came from my old Wild discus centerpiece. The neon Dwarf Rainbows were absolutely the right choice of centerpiece fish for this, couldn't be happier with that choice. Once I get some of the diatoms under control I'll probably scale down the cleaning crew and possibly add a pair of Apistos in for the bottom.

Anyway, good to see all of your names again. Glad to have a tank wet again at least. I'll get some better photos at some point!

Iminit
12-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Nice looking tank!! Good luck with it.

SidJones
12-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Missed you and your great photo's. Welcome back!

Second Hand Pat
12-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Matt.....YOUR BACK....missed you man. What a gorgeous tank and looks like you put a good bit of thought and time in it's planning and execution.
Good to see you,
Pat

jeep
12-11-2021, 02:22 AM
Welcome back Matt! I remember you from the early days! Beautiful tank! Triple the size and load it with discus!!!

Caspian
12-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Hi Matt

I know what its like to have the itch of getting a tank wet, nice setup looking forward to seeing more pictures and good luck mate

jpm995
12-13-2021, 10:28 PM
Tank has a really nice natural look to it, good job.

FischAutoTechGarten
12-14-2021, 05:40 PM
Matt, that is a nice tank. (I'm feeling like I need to revisit the aquascaping in my FishNook)

Discus-n00b
12-23-2021, 02:04 AM
Thanks everyone. Plants growing insane but still battling the diatoms, seem to have a lot of silicates in the tap water from testing which could be fueling it. I think I'm gonna run some media to strip that out and I'll just have to dose Phosphates back for the plants. Kinda rusty at it but here are some other photos. Plan on getting some more Koi Swordtails after Christmas and maybe a pair of Apistos.

Discus-n00b
12-25-2021, 12:08 AM
Latest full tank shot before I trimed some of the long stuff at the back.

LizStreithorst
12-25-2021, 08:16 AM
Mr. Bugg! How wonderful to have you back with us, Merry Christmas to us at Simply! But when it the Discus tank coming?

But what you have now is stunning. I have Rainbows in the 125 in my office. My favorites are the Dwarf Neon and the Millennium. I'm down to just one Millennium and all my Dwarf Neons. I've had the tank going for years and they died of old age. Good luck in your search for more Neons. I just have my LPS get them in for me. I've never spotted any on AB

Discus-n00b
02-27-2022, 10:35 PM
About a two month update. Just trimmed it, this was pre trim. The swordtails are now breeding, I've seen the first 2 babies in the tank and all of the females are super fat so I expect more to be dropping very soon.

LizStreithorst
02-28-2022, 09:22 AM
It's stunning, Matt.

Iminit
02-28-2022, 01:01 PM
You got talent!! What ferts are you using??

LizStreithorst
02-28-2022, 01:30 PM
He has multiple talents when it comes to fish.

Kirbs
02-28-2022, 09:17 PM
Very nice!

Discus-n00b
03-01-2022, 02:01 AM
Thanks!

You got talent!! What ferts are you using??

I don't do anything crazy to be honest, have Flourish Tabs under the substrate and dose with Easy Green in the recommended dose. High light, pressurized CO2 and just letting it grow really. I wanted a more natural look so I'm not necessarily trying to trim up everything perfectly. I do need to work on that left corner foreground a bit, and as much as I try to keep the black substrate off the sand, the cories just spread it all over.

Disgirl
03-10-2022, 06:31 PM
Your tank is beautiful Matt!

Discus-n00b
03-27-2022, 02:48 PM
Your tank is beautiful Matt!

Thanks!

Not the greatest photo, just a quick Iphone snap, but the Bucephalandra has been sprouting flowers constantly. It's been doing great lately. All the plants except some of the foreground stuff in one corner is doing well, I just can't seem to light that corner very well. Some of the root systems on the anubias are insane as they stretch off the wood towards the substrate. It's exactly the effect I wanted. I'll get a new full tank shot soon. Also seen, blurry, as he chases a female is my dominant male Koi Snake Swordtail in the tank. You can see the female's belly filled with eggs in the same shot.

RogueDiscus
03-27-2022, 06:32 PM
Nice to hear from you, Matt. Beautiful tank. Worth what I am sure is a lot of effort and TLC. I used to breed Pearl Gouramis and I've never seen one that comes close to mine. Wish I could find some. The number of folks here also working with rams supports the idea that discus are not the end of the line. And then there's plants ...

Discus-n00b
03-30-2022, 11:08 PM
Nice to hear from you, Matt. Beautiful tank. Worth what I am sure is a lot of effort and TLC. I used to breed Pearl Gouramis and I've never seen one that comes close to mine. Wish I could find some. The number of folks here also working with rams supports the idea that discus are not the end of the line. And then there's plants ...

Thanks! Discus have a special place in my heart but I can honestly say, these "basic" fish you'd find in most normal fish shops have really invigorated my love for the hobby again. I came back and wanted something super simple fish wise. Something I could just do some simple breeding with, maybe work with some of the koi swordtails I have to see what I can do with the lines, don't have to necessarily stress about water changes and what not. It's really been fun falling in love with the hobby again.

Discus-n00b
06-05-2022, 03:16 PM
A little update. Battling some green algae issues now, I think some waste is just getting trapped that I can't really reach on water changes. The stem plants in the back seem to get the brunt of the algae growing on them and they just don't seem to be doing as well recently so something is off somewhere. On the flip side, the Java Ferns, Anubias, and Buce plants are all growing like crazy so i am not too terribly concerned as I really like those. Been getting multiple Anubias and Buce clippings lately. Might replace the stems in the back, not sure with what yet. I never knew how much the cories and snails move the substrate around, but as you can see the sand is almost covered by black now and same on the left side they just track it all through the foreground.

Fish wise, I have 2 older fry from the swordtails that appear like they may turn out to be females which is great because I have an excess of males currently. I separated some females into my small shrimp tank hoping they would drop some more fry outside of the main tank and I could grow them to the point of being able to sex them early and keep some virgin females separate. They dropped some fry, at least 15 I could see, and moved the large females back into the main tank. Even with all of the plant cover I think between all of the males, the rainbows, and seeing the large females eat the babies before they just don't survive long in there. Going to grow this batch some and see what I have. Looks like a mix between the black tailed koi, koi snakes, and some that seem to be more orange and have less black on them at all. Don't really have a true end goal with breeding, just want to see what I can get.

So if anyone is going to be looking for some koi/koi snake swordtails, anubias, or some bucephalandra coming up anytime soon I may be able to help. Here is a current dirty FTS

Discus-n00b
04-29-2023, 01:26 AM
I need to get photos once I clean the tank, i've taken out that branch that goes horizontal in the water column, more swimming room. Everything in the tank has bred, i don't really have the setup to raise any rainbows past fry stage at the moment and I REALLY need some more females. If ANYONE knows where i can specifically get female Dwarf Neon Rainbows please let me know. Everywhere sells them unsexed. I've been trying my best to raise the Sterbai Cory from eggs. Getting terrible hatch rates early, and all of a sudden I see 2 young cory in the tank naturally. Total shock, nature finds a way. The tank did a better job than me. I usually find Cory eggs every day, they are machines. I have some Corydoras melini in another tank that have started breeding so thats exciting. I'll get a photo of the tank but here is a small shot of a couple Cory Sterbai i've raised from eggs both in the photo are from different spawns.

Been growing out some plants emersed, doing quite well. Lot of Java Fern, Anubias, and Bucephalandra. Hopefully going to offset a tiny bit of costs.

Iminit
04-29-2023, 10:00 AM
The thing with emersed is once you put them under water they melt off. Seems this is the new trend with plants. Everybody grows emersed! Anybody buying has melt and thinks there something wrong with their tank. I have many anubias growing in my tanks. About a month ago I bought a really nice plant and added it to my 180. In 3 days the leaves were falling off and the rhizome melting. First thought was anubias rot but the rhizome didn’t stink. It just melted from being submerged. This has been going on for years now with Amazon swords. But at least they will grow back (may take a year) when submerged.

Yeah they look great when grown emersed but useless in an aquarium.

Discus-n00b
05-02-2023, 09:56 PM
I knew of this going in, but so far my experience has been zero melt. Mileage may vary of course. I suspect that since mine is more a hybrid, it stays very wet and a lot of the rhizomes stay mostly in water, that the transition is very easy. I've had java fern back in the tank for multiple weeks and zero melt, I put some Anubias and Buce in the tank last week and have yet to notice any melt to them. I fully expected the Buce to melt first. It's an on going experiment, but so far it looks like its working. I put some of each in the tank with CO2 and the tank without CO2 to see how growth goes when transitioning back. I think this all would be a different story if I grew strictly in soil, which I am doing a few small boxes of, so I will get to compare the melt in soil grown slightly moist environment vs clay pellets slightly submerged in water.

brewmaster15
05-03-2023, 06:07 AM
Matt, I'm glad to see you still keep fish and Are having fun there with them. Thats funny on your cory breeding... I remember the first time I had albino bristle nose breed in the tank..I had caves, and several males and females..it was a conmmunity tank with potted plants... I never saw any breeding.. until I cleaned my aquaclear filter and found 4 baby bristlenose living in it!.

Those plants you are growing look great.. any chance you will be selling some?

Al

Discus-n00b
01-24-2024, 10:54 PM
Years ago I would of never considered myself a plant guy, now i'm addicted. Haven't really updated this, even this photo is a bit out of date but its the general status of the tank, some quick phone shots. Same basic scape just more overgrown now than this photo. Battling a little nutrient issue in there, have some house plant cuttings coming in to assist and dress up the area around the tank some. Some Philodendron, Pothos, etc. Tank has otherwise kind of been on autopilot, try not to put my hands in there too much. Had a few fish jumpers, as you usually do with an open top tank. A lot of them were the rainbows, still have a couple males and some swordtails in there. Last water change i found myself trying to avoid shrimplets, I guess the cherry shrimp I put in there a while back that I had no idea were even still alive bred at least once. Sterbai still breed, I find random eggs all the time but leave them be as they seem to have some hatch and they've never laid a nice single clutch in the same place like I've seen some people get online so I'd rather not pull out 1 or 2 eggs at a time or go on a scavenger hunt.

ALSO speaking of shrimp, I may have a new project....figured this space on my desk might be a great spot for a small Caridina shrimp tank. Just planted it the other day. Cost me next to nothing to setup as I had the rock, had the plants, spent ~$65 on the tank and substrate and use remineralized RO water. Can't wait to see this grow in some. Going to give it some time to cycle and grow in before shrimp.

Second Hand Pat
01-25-2024, 06:49 AM
Matt, great looking tanks and please pics as the shrimp tank grows in. ATM I do not have any fish but I decided to try something I have never done, a terrarium for dart frogs. Its a BIG learning curve since I do not really "do" plants. But I'm loving the learning curve. I am sure aquarium plants are a similar learning curve to be successful.
Pat

brewmaster15
01-25-2024, 03:18 PM
Years ago I would of never considered myself a plant guy, now i'm addicted. Haven't really updated this, even this photo is a bit out of date but its the general status of the tank, some quick phone shots. Same basic scape just more overgrown now than this photo. Battling a little nutrient issue in there, have some house plant cuttings coming in to assist and dress up the area around the tank some. Some Philodendron, Pothos, etc. Tank has otherwise kind of been on autopilot, try not to put my hands in there too much. Had a few fish jumpers, as you usually do with an open top tank. A lot of them were the rainbows, still have a couple males and some swordtails in there. Last water change i found myself trying to avoid shrimplets, I guess the cherry shrimp I put in there a while back that I had no idea were even still alive bred at least once. Sterbai still breed, I find random eggs all the time but leave them be as they seem to have some hatch and they've never laid a nice single clutch in the same place like I've seen some people get online so I'd rather not pull out 1 or 2 eggs at a time or go on a scavenger hunt.

ALSO speaking of shrimp, I may have a new project....figured this space on my desk might be a great spot for a small Caridina shrimp tank. Just planted it the other day. Cost me next to nothing to setup as I had the rock, had the plants, spent ~$65 on the tank and substrate and use remineralized RO water. Can't wait to see this grow in some. Going to give it some time to cycle and grow in before shrimp.

Hey Matt,
Love the tank! Looks great. Can you share a bit more on the set up, Lighting, lighting, ferts and plants? Making me want to update my potted plant tank now.

jwcarlson
01-25-2024, 06:00 PM
Wonderful stuff! :)
Not all emerged growth melts. I think what you list basically doesn't melt (java fern, bucc, and anubias). Or at least doesn't melt as bad as most everything else.

LizStreithorst
01-25-2024, 07:35 PM
Shame about the Rainbow's jumping. They looked like gems in that planted tank.

Discus-n00b
01-28-2024, 03:24 PM
Matt, great looking tanks and please pics as the shrimp tank grows in. ATM I do not have any fish but I decided to try something I have never done, a terrarium for dart frogs. Its a BIG learning curve since I do not really "do" plants. But I'm loving the learning curve. I am sure aquarium plants are a similar learning curve to be successful.
Pat

Thanks Pat, will for sure update. I saw the terrarium, love it! I will do one someday for sure. I started my emersed growing setup for fun, some extra funds on the side, but most of all it provides me a seedbank of sorts so that I can always have replacement plants if something should happen. There is something very satisfying seeing plants grow under your care knowing you have at least some sort of greenthumb.

Discus-n00b
01-28-2024, 03:29 PM
Hey Matt,
Love the tank! Looks great. Can you share a bit more on the set up, Lighting, lighting, ferts and plants? Making me want to update my potted plant tank now.

Thank you! Light is provided by Twinstar 600A and a Chihiros WRGB II 60. I started with 1 and quickly realized that where my tank was on a shelving unit and with my driftwood sticking above the waterline I would not be able to put the light evenly in the middle, so I'm running 2, front and back, typically run them on a program where when the back light is fading the front light turns on much like a sun across the sky. However I do this more to not just have tons of light bearing down all day rather than really follow a sun pattern. One of these lights would be plenty for the tank by itself. I really like the color on the Twinstar but I like the control more on the Chihiros. Both are nice. To be honest I haven't dosed ferts in quite some time, the tank hasn't really told me it needs it. Might be a little short on Iron looking at the Anubias leaves and get a couple yellow leaves here or there but nothing crazy seems lacking and I could never seem to get a good dose down, i feel like that will be future learnings. So right now it just relies on water changes. I do run pressurized CO2 which is the main culprit responsible for the constant explosion of growth. The tank NEEDS a really heavy trim. Plant list is below:

Anubias Nana
Anubias Nana 'Petite'
Staurogyne Repens
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'
Weeping Moss
Rotala Rotundifolia
Bucephalandra 'Brownie Blue'
Bucephalandra 'Melawi Blue'
Bucephalandra 'Brownie Firebird'
Bucephalandra Arrogant Blue
Pearl Weed
Java Fern

Some plants listed may not be shown in that photo. I really like the Bucephalandra, though I do wish I knew which I placed where because I probably couldn't tell you the variety if you pointed to it in the tank. Really cool plants, I could see a tank of just Buce. I have a good bit of it growing out emersed as well and it has done very well in the tank and out. The purples, pinks, reds, blues, and the sparkles you can get on Buce especially some of the brownie varieties is insane. They really shine top down. These are not great photos I apologize, sometime I'll have to break out the good camera, but to give you an idea of color...Pretty sure these are my 'Brownie Firebird', photos taken just now.

Discus-n00b
01-28-2024, 03:29 PM
Wonderful stuff! :)
Not all emerged growth melts. I think what you list basically doesn't melt (java fern, bucc, and anubias). Or at least doesn't melt as bad as most everything else.

Thanks! Yeah haven't experienced much melt at all transferring those, though I try to keep the emersed setup very wet which I think may help. The S Repens I've struggled with a bit as well as the Monte Carlo.

Discus-n00b
01-28-2024, 03:30 PM
Shame about the Rainbow's jumping. They looked like gems in that planted tank.

It is Liz, the tank provides challenges keeping the top closed. My driftwood sticks up above the water line so there is no real lid short of something custom that I can really keep on it. I don't like when it happens but I accept the risk of having the open top.

For100
01-29-2024, 08:25 AM
Beautiful tank….. can you explain a bit more how are you growing emerged plants? Just simply put them una bin with a lid and always keep the container super humid?

About CO2 injection, I did not see a drop checker. Do you use the 1 degree pH drop method? Or do you aim to an specific ph/kH balance after trails and error?

BTW, in my experience melting is typical of cryotocorin species, not anubias or ferns…. Even when if a crypto was grown submerged, water parameter changes will cause leaves to melt completely. You have to have a lot of patience to wait for new leaves to grow, it takes sometime for the rizhome to adapt to new conditions.

Thx

Discus-n00b
01-29-2024, 11:37 PM
Beautiful tank….. can you explain a bit more how are you growing emerged plants? Just simply put them una bin with a lid and always keep the container super humid?

About CO2 injection, I did not see a drop checker. Do you use the 1 degree pH drop method? Or do you aim to an specific ph/kH balance after trails and error?

BTW, in my experience melting is typical of cryotocorin species, not anubias or ferns…. Even when if a crypto was grown submerged, water parameter changes will cause leaves to melt completely. You have to have a lot of patience to wait for new leaves to grow, it takes sometime for the rizhome to adapt to new conditions.

Thx

Thanks. Yeah I bought some Rubbermaid type containers online and use little square black nursery pots for each plant or cutting. I fill them with Hydroton clay pebbles and keep some standing water at the bottom of the Rubbermaid. This is for the Anubias, buce, and Java Ferns. Any stem plants I use basic moist potting soil. I just give them a spray or two daily and keep things humid. Lately I've started trying to grow moss in an actual humidity dome and 1020 tray. I haven't really kept up with my Java Fern box too well so I've had some die off there but first photo is when I first planted some Java ferns. Second is my Anubias/Buce/Stem plant box in April of last year compared to today. Anubias doing incredibly well, Buce too but they are harder to spot now in the box.

As for the CO2, I have a drop checker. In the first photo is back right near the top, second tank photo it's on the top left. I switched to a hang over tank glass one so it's not as visible. I've dialed it in over time, aiming for less to start because I was scared of dumping a cylinder of CO2 into the tank. I have the CO2 on a timer to control how long it runs during the day. I just try and keep it in the green. I have a bubble counter outside the tank as well, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what my bps is.

For100
02-02-2024, 07:22 PM
Thanks Matt.

I will give a try to grow some emerge sword, Anubias and fern plants in a closed bin. I can place the bin my greenhouse which would be perfect placement for light and humidity.

I asked about the drop checker because I walked away from it a while back. I started using 1 degree pH drop method.
Here is a good reading about planted tanks…. These guys have a solid reputation and their own tanks are beautiful

https://www.2hraquarist.com/blogs/choosing-co2-why

For100
02-02-2024, 08:00 PM
On a separate note, where did you buy the Bucephalandra? It is hard to find here in Austin. If you have some clips that you would like to sell & ship, I am first in line.

Discus-n00b
03-15-2024, 11:20 PM
New inhabitants and a new venture for myself arrived for the desk tank. 20 Pure Red Line Caridina shrimp, so far they are doing excellent. Tank just needs to grow in now.

Discus-n00b
03-18-2024, 05:24 PM
Few better shrimp photos from the small desk nano tank. This is my first foray into Caridina shrimp, these are so much fun to watch, very active.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53595363902_652cc51da3_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3fsj)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3fsj) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596692860_374800c2d7_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4vo)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4vo) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53595363852_8e49af47ae_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3frs)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3frs) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596559249_fb8822c661_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nMK)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nMK) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596450938_5c62108f5f_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE8PAj)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE8PAj) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596692845_5207e85f44_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4v8)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4v8) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596559284_a1c0cf46a8_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nNm)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nNm) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596241801_a42041bb86_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE7Kqv)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE7Kqv) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr

Second Hand Pat
03-18-2024, 06:06 PM
Very cool Matt and nice macro images of these beautiful little guys. Is that food underneath some of them?
Pat

brewmaster15
03-19-2024, 09:08 AM
Few better shrimp photos from the small desk nano tank. This is my first foray into Caridina shrimp, these are so much fun to watch, very active.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53595363902_652cc51da3_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3fsj)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3fsj) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596692860_374800c2d7_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4vo)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4vo) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53595363852_8e49af47ae_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3frs)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE3frs) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596559249_fb8822c661_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nMK)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nMK) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596450938_5c62108f5f_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE8PAj)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE8PAj) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596692845_5207e85f44_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4v8)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pEa4v8) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596559284_a1c0cf46a8_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nNm)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE9nNm) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53596241801_a42041bb86_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pE7Kqv)Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (https://flic.kr/p/2pE7Kqv) by Matt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/scmatt/), on Flickr

Really Nice looking critters and Images! These are some sweet looking inverts!

Discus-n00b
03-26-2024, 05:05 PM
Here is a quick phone shot of the tank as of today. Waiting for some spots to fill back out, did a heavy trim on some stuff recently. A little dirty but everything doing well. Trying to fill some foreground back out. The Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan' on the right is quickly becoming one of my favorite plants. Also have a bunch of houseplants (various Pothos, Philodendron, and Scantia) that will hopefully cover the rack around the tank all doing great. The fern came naturally on the driftwood after leaving it outside during my hiatus, and even through cleaning it prior to the tank the ferns still sprouted.

And just because I love it so much, my Philodendron 'Painted Lady' is doing super well and has great colors. Going to eventually get a cutting of this rooting in a tank and see how it does.