PDA

View Full Version : Substitute for Furan 2

Tikitank
02-01-2022, 02:37 PM
Looks like Furan 2 has been discontinued. What would you guys use as a substitute?

I do have a bottle of nitrofurazone on the way from NC but won’t be here will Friday so I’m thinking of using something else.

Possible cross contamination issue. 2/3 WC daily with Rid Ich plus & salt. Eyes getting cloudy and mommy is losing sleep. It’s been 10 days and I’m ready to try an antibiotic.

seanyuki
02-01-2022, 03:11 PM
These antibiotics may work too kanamycin, Neomycin Sulfate , Tetracycline just to name a few.

LizStreithorst
02-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Regular Furan works but is not quite as broad spectrum as Furan ll. Ask Jehmco and see if they have a better suggestion.

bluelagoon
02-02-2022, 09:48 AM
Looks like Furan 2 has been discontinued. What would you guys use as a substitute?

I do have a bottle of nitrofurazone on the way from NC but won’t be here will Friday so I’m thinking of using something else.

Possible cross contamination issue. 2/3 WC daily with Rid Ich plus & salt. Eyes getting cloudy and mommy is losing sleep. It’s been 10 days and I’m ready to try an antibiotic.

They removed one compound years ago, but still call it Furan 2. So you have the correct drug on it's way.