PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working with Piwowarski Discus?

MGKelly
04-18-2022, 10:27 AM
Just curious if any one still has any of his Discus?

thanks, Joe

pastry
04-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Good question. Been a while since I've seen anyone. I got lucky 10 years ago with some progeny from PIWOW RTs and they really did feel like a different type of discus (in a cool way) to me. Had a pair of them raise little ones in my community tank (viciously dedicated parents).

mteel7237
04-26-2022, 09:31 AM
I was wondering this also. I went on his website yesterday and emailed him regarding shipping to the US. (https://diskuszucht-piwowarski-shop.de/). I received a response within a few hours. They would only ship to international airports, say Newark. Since I'm in West Virginia, that's not an option for me. I was wondering if anyone on the site would be interested in banding together to place an order that would make economical sense and have access to an airport that Lufthansa flies into. It looks like he has a good stock and the prices per fish are more than reasonable. I'd be willing to pay a little extra to the person that picks up the discus at the airport and ships to the group that buys into the venture.

Just a thought. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and I'm gearing back up.

MGKelly
05-05-2022, 02:00 PM
I live very close to Newark Airport and been taking a break from the hobby myself. Once i get my tanks cleaned and cycled I'll setup a shipment.

I was wondering this also. I went on his website yesterday and emailed him regarding shipping to the US. (https://diskuszucht-piwowarski-shop.de/). I received a response within a few hours. They would only ship to international airports, say Newark. Since I'm in West Virginia, that's not an option for me. I was wondering if anyone on the site would be interested in banding together to place an order that would make economical sense and have access to an airport that Lufthansa flies into. It looks like he has a good stock and the prices per fish are more than reasonable. I'd be willing to pay a little extra to the person that picks up the discus at the airport and ships to the group that buys into the venture.

Just a thought. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and I'm gearing back up.

mteel7237
05-23-2022, 06:35 PM
I’d be interested in joining in when you do.

jwcarlson
05-24-2022, 08:02 AM
I would suggest moving on some of his discus now rather than later.

mteel7237
05-24-2022, 04:54 PM
Uhm, I'm in for a combo order. What do you say MGKelly?

pastry
05-30-2022, 01:21 PM
Ummm... yeah, I'm "in" if (1) you 2 are open to it and (2) we can figure out the coordination.

mteel7237
06-08-2022, 03:52 PM
I’m still interested.

Willie
06-19-2022, 02:07 PM
Based on the prices on those tanks, it's tempting to just go and pick them yourself. First time I've seen him offer adults for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIO1BsNBTFc&ab_channel=AlanAlbiachPecesdAcuario

seanyuki
06-21-2022, 06:59 PM
From a Facebook page recently, One of the Piwo’s we received a few weeks back. Is this a Red Turquoise or a Red Spotted Green discus? Time will tell.
But this is one reason why Dalatdiscus Huy did not bring Piwo’s in. You have no idea what will be sent. You Can’t view inventory and pre-select the discus you want.
With that said I’m sure it will turn out to be a very nice discus!