PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about selling fish on line

LizStreithorst
09-23-2022, 03:34 PM
I only advertise the fish I breed for sale here and on Auqabid. On Aquabid sometimes the people buy my fish and don't even tell me that they've arrived. That doesn't happen often thank goodness, because it hurts my feelings a little.

Even on Aquabid which is a colder place than a nice warm forum, people shoot me an email long after they purchased the fish. They ask me little questions and tell me what their fish are doing. It's a joy to hear from them unexpectedly. We have become long distance fish friends.

Of course I have a lot of fish friends just from being here since time began. A forum as a much more homey place. Making friends is easy on a forum.

jeep
09-23-2022, 04:16 PM
I bet you'd hear from them if they didn't arrive, lol...

Charlyc11
09-23-2022, 05:20 PM
I just looked and there is no black rams on Aquabid maybe I should jump in with some young pair pairs. One spawned twice already and I go some fry, not many but fry anyway. The second spawn I was too late and the all turned white.

I only advertise the fish I breed for sale here and on Auqabid. On Aquabid sometimes the people buy my fish and don't even tell me that they've arrived. That doesn't happen often thank goodness, because it hurts my feelings a little.

Even on Aquabid which is a colder place than a nice warm forum, people shoot me an email long after they purchased the fish. They ask me little questions and tell me what their fish are doing. It's a joy to hear from them unexpectedly. We have become long distance fish friends.

Of course I have a lot of fish friends just from being here since time began. A forum as a much more homey place. Making friends is easy on a forum.

LizStreithorst
09-23-2022, 07:31 PM
Oh Hell! I'll have to go back and check. I was sure I put another one up when I sold the ones I'm sending out Monday. If not I'll do it now. You should do it too. It helps the fish support themselves. Of all my animals, my fish are the only ones who chip in for their care. I really look forward to seeing how you word your description.

You know, I'm pretty sure that we are the only ones keeping this line pure.

Charlyc11
09-23-2022, 09:00 PM
How is this for keeping the line Born in June.

Couple #1 (Mated Pair)

Couple #2 (proven Pair)

LizStreithorst
09-25-2022, 02:00 PM
I keep looking for your ad on AB, Chuck, but I keep not seeing it. You have good fish. Get on the ball!

Charlyc11
09-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Sorry it's been a busy weekend closing my pool and all the chores that need doing. I will get it in this week after I shore up a sale for 6 ABN's and pick up more boxes. Mean wile these little guys are doing well and need to sell.

Update I just posted a auction on aquabid

LizStreithorst
09-25-2022, 07:05 PM
I don't see it ????

Charlyc11
09-25-2022, 07:25 PM
refresh you should see it. I had them in the wrong category now they are with South American

LizStreithorst
09-25-2022, 09:09 PM
Still in the wrong place, but I found it.

Charlyc11
09-26-2022, 06:37 AM
I guess all the Rams are in the category Apistogramma (Dwarf Cichlids) not South American cichlids.

Still in the wrong place, but I found it.

LizStreithorst
09-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Yep.

Very nice ad. I quit asking for a pic of a dead fish a long time ago. I've found AB people to be an honest bunch. It's stressful enough to get in dead fish without having to take a picture of it to boot. Most people do say it, so I guess it's good insurance.

Thank you for giving me credit.

Charlyc11
09-26-2022, 08:30 AM
You have to give credit where it's due Liz.

Yep.

Very nice ad. I quit asking for a pic of a dead fish a long time ago. I've found AB people to be an honest bunch. It's stressful enough to get in dead fish without having to take a picture of it to boot. Most people do say it, so I guess it's good insurance.

Thank you for giving me credit.