PDA

View Full Version : How did you make out with Ian in Orlando, Pat ?

discuspaul
09-29-2022, 02:51 PM
Hi Pat,

Hope you don't mind my posting this in your nest, Pat.

Just wanted to check in with you in the hopes that you & Tom made it through Ian's wrath with little or no serious harm/damage to you or your abode.

Must be hell for a lot of Floridians on your west side of the state, given that the early predictions were expected to be limited mainly to the eastern side of the State in a more or less straight northerly path, so likely not much time for different plans to be put in place by the folks on your side.

Just saw some seemingly very recent TV photos which showed there was still a good amount of rainfall, and a lot of standing water, in your area, even though Ian was well out into the Atlantic by now !

Our best regards,

Paul & Linda

Second Hand Pat
09-29-2022, 03:27 PM
Hi Paul,

Tom and I made out fine. Lots of wind and rain but no flooding. Today we are mostly back to normal. I appreciate you asking :D

Pat

discuspaul
09-29-2022, 03:51 PM
Hi Paul,

Tom and I made out fine. Lots of wind and rain but no flooding. Today we are mostly back to normal. I appreciate you asking :D

Pat

GREAT TO HEAR YOU MADE OUT A-OK, Pat

I had hoped you hadn't lost Power or Internet - glad to see that is indeed the case.

RogueDiscus
09-29-2022, 03:56 PM
Good to hear :)

seanyuki
09-29-2022, 05:15 PM
Glad you are safe ��

fljones3
09-29-2022, 06:21 PM
Good to hear!

Disgirl
09-29-2022, 06:29 PM
I was wondering too Pat. Glad all is well. Now here in NC we are getting the rest of Ian, rain and wind here on the coast, but inland, center of the state will get the worst of it. I hate hurricanes!!!

LizStreithorst
09-29-2022, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry I forgot about where you are, Pat. The news is all about the hurricane. I will get off the hook for calling it a "senior moment". I'm relieved to hear that you are well and I hope you'll forgive me. Barb, I'll give you a call tomorrow. I know that it's headed toward you after it hits SC.

Second Hand Pat
09-30-2022, 06:48 AM
I was wondering too Pat. Glad all is well. Now here in NC we are getting the rest of Ian, rain and wind here on the coast, but inland, center of the state will get the worst of it. I hate hurricanes!!!

Thanks Barb, I am praying all will be well for you. This storm packs a lot of water. Please holler back after the storm and let us know you are well.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
09-30-2022, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry I forgot about where you are, Pat. The news is all about the hurricane. I will get off the hook for calling it a "senior moment". I'm relieved to hear that you are well and I hope you'll forgive me. Barb, I'll give you a call tomorrow. I know that it's headed toward you after it hits SC.

No worries Liz :D It has been an interesting couple of days. Slow moving storm.
Pat

Charlyc11
09-30-2022, 07:56 AM
Luckily my place in Florida got no damage we are on the water in Ormond Beach next to Daytona. We did lose power according to our summer renter and somebody else in the building that keeps us informed when we are not there. The condo is on the 3rd floor of a 11 story building on the north side so usually any storms hit the other side worst. But I saw some pictures of the Flagler pier got the end ripped off. But I am glad you all are ok.

discuspaul
09-30-2022, 09:14 AM

We're all hoping everything turns out OK for you Barb

Second Hand Pat
09-30-2022, 01:46 PM
Here's my greatest impact from Ian. Tom and I finally put in a dock about a year ago. The dock generally is about 3 ft above the lake until now. Pic is from this morning.
Pat

LizStreithorst
09-30-2022, 02:39 PM
If that's your worst damage you did a lot better than many.

jimmyjoe
09-30-2022, 07:01 PM
Pat any gators in your pond there, I hear that most of the bodies of water in Fla. are great alligator habitat. Jim in Ohio

Second Hand Pat
10-01-2022, 06:12 AM
Pat any gators in your pond there, I hear that most of the bodies of water in Fla. are great alligator habitat. Jim in Ohio

Mostly true Jimmy but have only seen one gator in my lake. It's a deep, spring fed lake with clear water and I understand the gators do not like that.
Pat

Second Hand Pat
10-01-2022, 06:13 AM
If that's your worst damage you did a lot better than many.

Very true Liz and I am very lucky. Did you hear from Barb?
Pat