PDA

View Full Version : Tankmate question

mleibowi
12-15-2022, 11:10 PM
Hey guys I have 9 large discus in my 120gal, a colony of cardinals and rummy nose tetras, and a cleanup crew of corys and BN plecos. I was wondering if anyone has experience with Congo tetras and/or boesmoni rainbows with discus. They are quick eaters so don’t want to that to be an issue as mg discus take their time. What do people think?

smsimcik
12-16-2022, 09:25 AM
Forget about Congos with discus. That discussion was already covered here recently. I don't know about Boesmonis with discus. Liz would be the one to ask.
Your tank seems pretty well stocked now. Why do you want to add more fish?

bluelagoon
12-16-2022, 10:08 AM
All a matter of choice, but I also think your tank is well stocked now especially with two schools of tetras already. To me I would have gone with only one dither fish species so it doesn't take away your center piece fish which are discus. Like I said a matter of choice. Sometimes a species only tank looks nicer to some folks.

Iminit
12-16-2022, 10:36 AM
http://youtu.be/_HSzHsopxgw I keep them with no problems.

mleibowi
12-16-2022, 11:38 AM
Yes well stocked. I like congos and rainbows. It’s a small school of cardinals. I’ll pass but also curious given how aggressive the congos and rainbows are during feeding. Anyhow, thanks.

bossanova
12-17-2022, 06:24 PM
Yes well stocked. I like congos and rainbows. It’s a small school of cardinals. I’ll pass but also curious given how aggressive the congos and rainbows are during feeding. Anyhow, thanks.
Good call.