PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp feeding to discus fish

ganesan
05-06-2023, 02:46 PM
I was wondering if one could feed live neo cardinal live shrimps adult size to discus. Will discus eat them and is it healthy for the discus. The shrimps I am talking about are all farm bred and in a large cement tanks and there are about 8 colors red black,white and are free from infections.

LizStreithorst
05-06-2023, 03:00 PM
I feed my cull shrimp to my Discus every time I find a cull. They love them.

Iminit
05-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Ok I add my culls to the discus tank ;). But yes my discus love them. Still amazing how many survive. They also change color to camouflage into tank. I have all red shrimp. But in my discus tanks I find black,gray green,clear and yellow. Masters of disguise!!!

brewmaster15
05-06-2023, 06:45 PM
Ive always added cherry shrimp to my discus tanks with potted plants.. if the shrimp were good at hiding and evading they lived..if not my discus ate better than I did that night probably.

Willie
05-07-2023, 08:07 PM
I feed frozen mysis shrimp to my manacapuru angelfish, but the discus are getting the bulk of it.

CliffsDiscus
05-12-2023, 04:17 PM
I don't know how clean the shrimps would be. Are they out doors raise in the concrete tanks, they wouldn't be expose to insects and birds dropping? I know that some of the fish farms have moved indoors simply because it is cleaner. Fish keepers has asked
me if I can send them some pesticide.