PDA

View Full Version : Discus fish in community aquarium

ganesan
05-31-2023, 01:54 PM
Is it all right to keep any species of severum with discus and also can headstanders,leporinus, hatchet fish,dwarf gouramis,betta be kept with discus in minimum number

bluelagoon
05-31-2023, 03:12 PM
The hatchet fish would make great tank mates; the others not so much. Severums would be too big and competitive. The headstanders can be nippers and require a slightly different diet than discus. To "me" the other two you mentioned would just look too odd with discus.

brewmaster15
05-31-2023, 11:40 PM
Hatchet fish should be fine... Maybe look into Mesonauta festivus.. Ive kept festivums with Discus fine.. ..another one to consider is bolivian rams. Lastly, look at Laetacara dorsigera.. these fish can be a little feisty when breeding but really are beautiful fish. I would avoid severums with discus.

solasis
06-01-2023, 02:19 AM
Also check out the biotodoma cupido, known as the cupid cichlid if you want some tankmates. They are a small earth eater that is not aggressive at all. They will have small chases, but only with eachother. Not once have they bothered my discus and are very delicate during feeding time. Stay on the smaller side at 4-5 inches. I find them to be a lot more peaceful than most other eartheaters, like red head tapajos.