PDA

View Full Version : Italian Asian Fusion.. pork loin with GenTso

brewmaster15
07-16-2023, 06:31 PM
I make this dish here alot.. its a Family Favorite. Its basically thin sliced pork ,coated and fried.. then basted with General Sauce and served on a bed of rice cooker cooked Rice..

Get the rice cooker going.. we use jasmine rice and like to add a cube or two of bouillon for flavor and color.

I start with a whole pork loin and slice it thin.. then pound it with a tenderizing mallet. I season lightly with black pepper and garlic powder and place the meat in a bowl with a liberal amount of soy sauce. I don't want it swimming in soy sauce.. just enough to coat it.

I beat some eggs with milk in one bowl. In another bowl I add equal amounts of. Wheat flour,coconut flour and unseasoned bread crumbs. Mix well.

Then dip in the egg mix.. and coat with flour mix and fry until
Golden brown both sides. Remove from oil and place on cookie sheet.

BASTE with General Tso Sauce.. I will admit it.. Im lazy and have found a really good one premade.. Iron Chef. No preservatives or junk and tastes pretty good. IF feel like it I will add some diced. Chilis to it for a bit more heat.. often I use Serranos.

While frying you can put fried and basted cutlets in the oven at 250F... it really blends the coating nicely.

When all is done remove pork from oven and serve on rice with a veggie side ..squash is a good choice.

Pics..

brewmaster15
07-16-2023, 06:36 PM
More..

Im kind of what you might call an Instinctive Chef.. I just kind of wing it on amounts and seasoning choices and stick with what works. This dish really is easy and tasty. Its also a good way to use up cuts of meat that are tough or prone to drying out.

Al

seanyuki
07-16-2023, 07:10 PM
Looks yummy Al, I often too make General Tso chicken at home.

Secret Ingredients:
The authentic recipe of General Tso’s chicken always calls for the following ingredients:
Soy sauce. Use a good quality soy sauce.
Dark soy sauce lends nice dark brown color to the dish.
Chinese rice vinegar plays a vital role in lending the bold vinegary note to the sauce.
Hoisin Sauce is the secret ingredient.
Dried red chilies—an important ingredient in Hunan cooking, making the chicken and the sauce mildly spicy.

brewmaster15
07-16-2023, 07:49 PM
Looks yummy Al, I often too make General Tso chicken at home.

Secret Ingredients:
The authentic recipe of General Tso’s chicken always calls for the following ingredients:
Soy sauce. Use a good quality soy sauce.
Dark soy sauce lends nice dark brown color to the dish.
Chinese rice vinegar plays a vital role in lending the bold vinegary note to the sauce.
Hoisin Sauce is the secret ingredient.
Dried red chilies—an important ingredient in Hunan cooking, making the chicken and the sauce mildly spicy.

Thank you Francis..I remember you posted a recipe elsewhere..I am going to have to have at making my own. The Iron Chef one I currently use is a good base but kind of pricy... when I cook My Italian side shows through.."we feed everyone " is the saying. The batch I made tonight was a 5 lb pork loin.. thats alot of sauce!