PDA

View Full Version : You Guys must all be on diets or something?

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 11:53 AM
Wheres all the inspiring foodie posts?:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::s mash:

al

jeep
09-05-2023, 12:14 PM
I haven't cooked anything creative in quite some time. I did cook some creamy, cheesy cajun shrimp pasta thing I saw on Instagram but it tasted like crap. But, I just paid .49 cents per pound for 30lbs of chicken thighs and I plan on making up some recipes and making some sausages soon. If any of the recipes turn out good I'll post them here!

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Can't wait... I have to find the time to make some Salsa... I have a killer crop of hot peppers this year.

al

jeep
09-05-2023, 03:45 PM
I've got about 6 gallons of salsa ready to be canned. I thought I planted some sweet and hot peppers but all I got was 4 different kinds of sweet yellow peppers.

This was the most successful tomato season I've had in 15 years. I may make some spaghetti sauce as well.

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 03:48 PM
My tomatoes were insane too Brian, Literally 7 plus feet of plants

Cherry tomato planter

Vanman
09-05-2023, 04:03 PM
I had the worst tomato season in years. Planted a couple weeks later than I wanted to due to illness, then the farmer behind me sprayed his beans on a windy day and killed my purple hull peas, stunted the okra, killed one row of the four rows of green beans, killed a row of tomatoes, and damaged two more rows of tomatoes. On top of that a raccoon dug up all of my pepper plants except one no heat jalapeno. I had to replant the peas and the peppers. It is a good thing I plant way too much of everything.

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 06:10 PM
I had the worst tomato season in years. Planted a couple weeks later than I wanted to due to illness, then the farmer behind me sprayed his beans on a windy day and killed my purple hull peas, stunted the okra, killed one row of the four rows of green beans, killed a row of tomatoes, and damaged two more rows of tomatoes. On top of that a raccoon dug up all of my pepper plants except one no heat jalapeno. I had to replant the peas and the peppers. It is a good thing I plant way too much of everything.

Gary, I do believe someone was trying to tell you to focus on your Discus. :)

Thats some pretty bad luck.. where I am I have a farm across from me . I usually plant after he does... not because he knows better than me when to but I need to see what he is planting so I dont plant it If he plants. Cabbage.. I cant plant collard greens or kale... his fields draw too many cabbage moths. If he plants squash I will have a crummy year for squash and cukes as he draws in armies of squash bugs.

The only thing that I am greatful for is he doesnt spray alot and when does its always at night on windless eves.

Al

LizStreithorst
09-05-2023, 06:30 PM
Everything around here has been harvested already. I had the greatest crop of pest free tomatoes ever. I had mater sandwaches, stuffed 'maters both as a salad or a main meal. I even made 'mater sauce with my own thyme and bazil. It was the greatest. The deer ate my corn, beans and okra. For a while they were even eating the new blooms on the Zinnias. Now the they've quit that and I had pretty flowers outside and pretty flowers for my house and my neighbor's.

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 08:25 PM
Speaking of tomatoes..

Don't smack me around too much for my ignorance but..are "fried green tomatoes" really good? Ever year, end of summer I wind up with a ton of green ones and always meant to try frying them.. I just havent gotten the gumption to give it a try.. I often cut a bunch up and add to my salsa or wait until they ripen.

Al

Vanman
09-05-2023, 09:07 PM
Sliced thin, about 3/16 of an inch, with corn meal, a little flour, and some Tony Chacere's seasoning they are great. I use tomatoes that are light green. Okra is good with this seasoning also.

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 09:27 PM
Sliced thin, about 3/16 of an inch, with corn meal, a little flour, and some Tony Chacere's seasoning they are great. I use tomatoes that are light green. Okra is good with this seasoning also.

Thanks Gary! I will give it a try. Not familiar with "Tony Chacere's" seasoning. Is that like " Old bay"?

Vanman
09-05-2023, 09:54 PM
Not even close. It is a Cajun seasoning. I get it at WalMart.

brewmaster15
09-05-2023, 10:59 PM
Ah.. ok I have a cajun seasoning I use here.. I will try that if I cant find the one you use. Thanks.

Al

seanyuki
09-05-2023, 11:08 PM
Thinking of making this weekend, steamed shrimp zucchini boat recipe!

https://cicili.tv/steamed-shrimp-zucchini-boats/?fbclid=IwAR2LL3ZpgkuV9I--mzpl649VoV4VJDzH09eW9x_6_ncGNQlyVhxR1Zk97OA

AquaticNerd
09-06-2023, 07:51 AM
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I wasn't the designated cook/grillboss for this past weekend holiday. My wife and I were invited by some friends to join for a cookout so I ended up just making some basic sides.

jeep
09-06-2023, 11:14 AM
Al, Tony Chachere's is the best!! Even better than Slap Ya Mama! The label says "Great on everything" and they're correct. I use it on almost everything, including my eggs, lol... It's pretty salty so be careful if you use additional salt. Walmart sells the 1lb can for under $3.

brewmaster15
09-06-2023, 03:15 PM
Al, Tony Chachere's is the best!! Even better than Slap Ya Mama! The label says "Great on everything" and they're correct. I use it on almost everything, including my eggs, lol... It's pretty salty so be careful if you use additional salt. Walmart sells the 1lb can for under $3.

Thanks Brian, I will have to give it a try up against my custom mix.:) Can't beat that price though!

al

LizStreithorst
09-06-2023, 07:43 PM
I use Tony's, too.

brewmaster15
09-08-2023, 01:42 PM
I went to spend a few hours at the marsh birding and it wouldnt you know I came across a few blue crabs .. putbthe camera down.. grabbed the net from the truck and instant dinner tonight.

Just enough for spaghetti and crabsauce. Not too shabby for not even planning on crabbing.:)