PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Blemmy
10-15-2023, 06:45 AM
I am returning to keeping Discus after a 15 year break during which I changed to keeping a pond full of Koi Carp.

I never lost the Discus bug though and here I am again!! I have been re-researching the hobby recently and can't believe how much things have changed over the last 15 years with technological advancements although the basics remain comfortingly unchanged.

I am looking to set up a 5 foot long x 2ft high x 1'6' wide living room display tank with substrate, Azalea Root and lava rock decor and containing live plants, a group of a dozen 4/5" Stendker Discus with some companion Tetras, Corys and Dwarf Plecos.

I look forward to joining in forum discussions and expand my knowledge of current Discus husbandry.

Many thanks

Paul

Second Hand Pat
10-15-2023, 07:03 AM
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum :D Sounds like a nice tank and looking forward to pictures. :D If you are in the US Stendker discus are not available in the US to my knowledge. Not sure about elsewhere.
Pat

Iminit
10-15-2023, 09:26 AM
Welcome Paul. I’ve got your tank136854 :). Good luck and remember to put up pictures and ask questions. As stated Stendker closed shop.

AquaticNerd
10-16-2023, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Paul - looking forward to the discussions you bring and following your journey! :)

Charlyc11
10-16-2023, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forum, today Stendker Discus only available from https://stendkerdiscususa.com/ Hans stopped selling German Stendker since they stopped breeding in Germany. Price is way over the top. Better buying from some of our sponsors here.

Blemmy
10-20-2023, 05:43 PM
Welcome Paul. I’ve got your tank136854 :). Good luck and remember to put up pictures and ask questions. As stated Stendker closed shop.

Thanks for the welcome. Yours is a lovely set up with stunning fish.

Could I please ask - if your tank is the same size as mine - what temperature do you keep in the tank and what wattage of heaters do you use please?

On the Stendker Discus subject - I am UK based and there are a couple of Discus Dealers over here who have obtained the Stendker breeding pairs and are continuing the breeding of Stendker Discus in the UK. :)

Blemmy
10-20-2023, 05:44 PM
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum :D Sounds like a nice tank and looking forward to pictures. :D If you are in the US Stendker discus are not available in the US to my knowledge. Not sure about elsewhere.
Pat

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Blemmy
10-20-2023, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, today Stendker Discus only available from https://stendkerdiscususa.com/ Hans stopped selling German Stendker since they stopped breeding in Germany. Price is way over the top. Better buying from some of our sponsors here.

Thank you. :)

Blemmy
10-20-2023, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul - looking forward to the discussions you bring and following your journey! :)

Thank you. :)

Spinning Blue
11-14-2023, 04:38 PM
Welcome, I just joined today.