PDA

View Full Version : Black worms and auto-feeder

Jandiscus
12-02-2023, 04:09 PM
I am a big fan of black worms and want to use them in combination with an auto-feeder while I am not home. What I am wondering about is how to dispense them. Especially when I am away for more than a day, I want to ensure that the system dispenses without issues. With the EHEIM rotating types I currently own, I can envision how they would not properly discharge them. I have not tried it but am thinking that they might block the passage by interlocking themselves.

The EHEIM ones work great for pellets but I am not so sure about freeze dried blackworms.

Thank you for your guidance.

jwcarlson
12-02-2023, 08:50 PM
I can't imagine you'll have good luck dispensing them.
The only thing I can think of is somehow attaching a small cup slightly out of phase with the main dumper on the drum so that when it rotates around it dumps a cube or two of FDBlkW. If that makes any sense.

brewmaster15
12-02-2023, 08:52 PM
Try mixing the loose worms with the pellets or flakes Jan.. I have several customers that do this in their feeders.
Al

Jandiscus
12-03-2023, 09:59 AM
I can't imagine you'll have good luck dispensing them.
The only thing I can think of is somehow attaching a small cup slightly out of phase with the main dumper on the drum so that when it rotates around it dumps a cube or two of FDBlkW. If that makes any sense.

Thank you Jacob!

Jandiscus
12-03-2023, 10:00 AM
Try mixing the loose worms with the pellets or flakes Jan.. I have several customers that do this in their feeders.
Al

Thank you Al! I'll try that.