PDA

View Full Version : Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Discus Fever
02-08-2024, 12:07 PM
Got back from our cruise on Monday and have some pictures to post since some members wanted pictures of our room and the ship. We got lucky with the room that got assigned to us since it was a handicap room which means everything was bigger due to the fact that a wheel chair has to be able to get every where in the cabin. We did have an ocean balcony that was wider than a standard balcony because it had to be wheel chair accessible.

This was the bathroom from different angles

This was the main room that had a king size bed in it.

I couldn't get a good shot of the whole balcony but this was the best I could do standing where I was.

These were the cabana huts that you can rent on the ship if you wanted to, we didn't though.

This ship had 4 main pools on it and here is just one of them.

The ship also had 2 racing slides shown here.

Here is a picture of the 2 racing slides on the left and the bowl slide on the right, these 3 are water slides.

There is also a little kids water park area and one behind that for infants who aren't potty trained yet so there are sections for all age groups to play in the water on the ship.

They also have zip lining down the middle of the ship, sorry for my finger getting into the picture on the left hand side.

In the middle of the ship they have two themed parks the front section is called central park which is the picture below. It has live trees plants and shrubs that are lit up at night with different stores and restaurants on each side all the way down it. The back part of the ship is board walk which dummy me forgot to take pictures of but it has a full size merry go round in it eating places and a sports bar with a diving show at the very back of the ship.

On the back of the ship they have 2 flow riders for anyone to use, one was used for belly riding like the one shown below and the other one was used for stand up riding, didn't get any pictures of that one.

They also have one of the tallest dry slides out of all the cruise ships on the ocean, it drops 10 stories down to the board walk if you didn't want to take the elevator all the way down to it. A fun short cut to get to it if you are at the very top of the ship. This is the picture of the entrance to get on it, I never got a good shot of the slide from the back of the ship that shows the whole thing.

At the top of the ship they had a really nice 9 hole minature golf course, here are a couple pictures of that.

They had a ton more things to do on the ship but didn't want to make this a long story. LOL

To end this thread I made a friend on one of the islands we were on he came out of the sand to say hi to me. I hope everyone enjoyed this little blog of the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Sea's.

CliffsDiscus
02-08-2024, 01:38 PM
Great pictures, can't wait till my next cruise. I don't see anyone with their mask on.

Cliff

Discus Fever
02-08-2024, 02:54 PM
Those mask days are pretty much over now, once in a while you will see 1 or 2 people wearing them but that's about it.

AquaticNerd
02-08-2024, 04:32 PM
My wife and I tried a cruise once - we'll never go back on a cruise again. For one, she got extremely seasick. Another reason was we couldn't really stay a whole lot in areas we wanted more time in. Next time, just make the entire trip a vacation to one of those places for us. :D

Discus Fever
02-08-2024, 04:35 PM
I understand, some people love cruises and some don't. Cruises are our favorite vacations, this was our 33 cruise.

brewmaster15
02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Sorry Scott Im not buying it. Doesnt look like a cruise ship at all. And I dont see any oceans anywhere. I think you are yanking our chain here and didnt even stay on a ship. Looks more like a small city. :)

Jk ...cool photos. Thanks for sharing! I have never been on a cruise before.. probably never will for much the same reasons as Jake. Took my wife whale watching once off cape cod... she didnt do well
.. actually .... on a ship with 300 people I was one of the only ones that didn't get sea sick...( spent many years fishing on a boat) I actually had to buy new camera bags after that trip.

But that aside.. that ship you were on is amazing.. I didnt realize how much they put on these ships or how big these ship really are.They really are floating cities!

Al

Ps 33 rd cruise? Wow !

Discus Fever
02-08-2024, 05:52 PM
Al, cruises these days are floating cities and if you get on one of the big boys like we do at times you don't even feel the ship move so sea sickness is pretty much not a problem on the big boys. Yes we have sailed 33 cruises and counting, we do not have any more cruises planned for the rest of this year. Our next vacation this year is 2 weeks in September, 1 week we will be staying on Disney property and the following week we will be staying at our time share which is only 3 miles outside of Disney.

Second Hand Pat
02-09-2024, 08:49 AM
Great pics Scott :D
Pat

Charlyc11
02-09-2024, 11:22 AM
Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!

Discus Fever
02-09-2024, 01:39 PM
Great pics Scott :D
Pat

Thanks Pat

Discus Fever
02-09-2024, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Charlyc11;1384184]Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!

Nice Chuck, we did the Alaska cruise as well and it was a great cruise. I am glad you liked it, sounds like your next trip will be awesome make sure you post pictures on that one, would love to see them. Never been to any of those parks.

brewmaster15
02-18-2024, 10:04 AM
Did any of you cruisers ever run into serious itinery changes while on ship..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2024/02/16/antarctica-cruise-norwegian-star/

Under the new schedule, the ship would no longer visit Paradise Bay off the coast of the Antarctic mainland, but instead sail by Admiralty Bay, part of the South Shetland Islands. While technically part of Antarctica, the substitution is located more than 200 miles north of the original location.

With the help of her daughter on land, Midler uploaded her ire to TikTok under the name @ruinedvacation. Her first video shows a crowd of passengers gathered to demand answers — with a security officer urging people to calm down. The videos have gone viral, with the first one getting 3.4 million views.

“It has been absolutely ruined because the main part of this trip as far as we were all concerned was taken away from us after we boarded,” she said in her email. She said “hundreds” were very upset, and many have been talking about whether they could get any compensation through insurance, the cruise line or a class-action lawsuit. While staff said an email went out and printed notices were supposed to have been displayed, Midler said neither she nor many fellow passengers received those.
Al

Discus Fever
02-19-2024, 12:06 PM
The only time we experienced itinerary changes is when we have sailed in the heart of hurricane season. They would send us to different islands that weren't in the path of the on coming hurricane. Believe it or not when they have done that those were some of the calmest sea's that we ever sailed on.

Charlyc11
02-19-2024, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Charlyc11;1384184]Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!

Nice Chuck, we did the Alaska cruise as well and it was a great cruise. I am glad you liked it, sounds like your next trip will be awesome make sure you post pictures on that one, would love to see them. Never been to any of those parks.

I will post lots of pictures. My other trip I enjoyed was Costa Rica lots of poverty but the people are great. Many expats there. My wife enjoyed the monkees all over and the iguanas.

jpm995
02-24-2024, 02:14 PM
Really cool pics. Never been on a cruise, between Legonairs and Covid my wife's not interested anymore. It really is amazing how big they are and how many attractions they pack in them. Maybe it time for me and the wife to consider a cruise.

Iminit
02-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Way too big! Spent my life working in NYC and retired now. Last thing I want is a ship full of people. Your pics do make it look so much better than some pics I’ve seen of hundreds of people sitting around the pool. Were they taken while ship was moving or in port? We did a cruse this year down the Rhine in Germany. Very nice with whole days off the ship to explore different cities. Still not enough time though. But a great pleasant cruise. Only 200 people on the ship and food and drinks were great. No desire for ocean cruises. While in Aruba we would see those jumbo ships come in. Thousands would get off to walk-in that little town. They’d never see the island. Same in San Juan. So much to see on those islands and all they get is the tourist traps.

Discus Fever
02-26-2024, 11:23 AM
Way too big! Spent my life working in NYC and retired now. Last thing I want is a ship full of people. Your pics do make it look so much better than some pics I’ve seen of hundreds of people sitting around the pool. Were they taken while ship was moving or in port? We did a cruse this year down the Rhine in Germany. Very nice with whole days off the ship to explore different cities. Still not enough time though. But a great pleasant cruise. Only 200 people on the ship and food and drinks were great. No desire for ocean cruises. While in Aruba we would see those jumbo ships come in. Thousands would get off to walk-in that little town. They’d never see the island. Same in San Juan. So much to see on those islands and all they get is the tourist traps.

Tom believe it or not the biggest ships in Royal Caribbean's fleet distributes people very nicely, it doesn't feel like there is that many people on the ship. It is like a big city on the water, for anyone who hasn't tried cruising yet I would suggest trying it once just so you can say you experienced it. Some people are hooked and love it while some people didn't like it and wouldn't go on another. My personal opinion since I have been cruising for 27 years I always tell people who are taking their first cruise to book one of their biggest ships because those are usually their nicest ships with plenty to do.

Our next cruise is in February 2025 on a cruise line that we never sailed which is MSC. Typically we would not book this cruise line but you can book what they call the yacht club section which is what we did. When you book the yacht club you get your own section of the ship which is the front of the ship and it is 3 levels and no one else who is on the ship can't have access to this unless you are booked in the yacht club. You have your own pool, hot tubs, bars and your own private dining room that the rest of the ship doesn't have access to it. You have your own butler from the time you get on the ship till the time your cruise is over which is nice. The butler gets you on the ship when you get there and you bypass all the lines that the people are waiting to get on the ship. Your butler will get you off the ship and back on the ship when you have things planned on the islands so you don't have lines to wait in. Your butler will bring food to your room if you don't want to leave you room one night to eat dinner plus your butler does a lot of other things. If you want to be completely pampered this is the way to go if you book an MSC cruise. Just remember even though you have your own section of the ship that regular passengers can't come in to you still have access any where you want to go on the ship so you have best of both worlds. This is the first time we have booked some thing like this so I will give a complete review on this when we get back. If anyone on this forum would like to go on this with my wife and I we would love for anyone to join us if you are interested in taking a cruise where you get totally pampered without feeling crowded at all.