PDA

View Full Version : This is kind of funny

brewmaster15
03-23-2024, 11:04 AM
Many years ago.. at 23 years actually I was interested in the "world wide web" like many others. I built one of those personal websites everyone was making back then. This is just around the time the forum was made. Between work, my growing family, and SimplyDiscus i totally dropped the website project and moved on. Fast forward to today. Out of the blue I remembered the website..

http://boghopper.freeservers.com/

Amazingly that website is still up and running. Things sure have progressed the last 20 years!

Al

Second Hand Pat
03-23-2024, 11:32 AM
Pretty cool website Al. I had no idea there was a white morph of the great blue heron. Shoot, I'm still hoping to find the reddish egret white morph. How would you say you have changed from the time that website was created till now? Obviously the photographer and biologist is still strong :)
Pat

brewmaster15
03-23-2024, 11:56 AM
Pretty cool website Al. I had no idea there was a white morph of the great blue heron. Shoot, I'm still hoping to find the reddish egret white morph. How would you say you have changed from the time that website was created till now? Obviously the photographer and biologist is still strong :)
Pat

Yes.. the photographer and biology force is strong in this one.:) How have I changed? Well I would love to say I am more physically fit, have more hair on my head , and I'm more a picture of perfect health today then I was.:) but that would definitely be embellishing reality. :) In most ways though I think I am pretty much unchanged. Maybe a tad less hyper. A tad less optimistic. Still have too many hobbies, still love discus , still value my family over all else, still sleep too little and eat too much. Still plan on doing it all the same as long as I can.

Older..wiser.. still a kid at heart.:)

Vanman
03-23-2024, 12:25 PM
Once you put something on the web it is there forever. Some of the kids these days will learn this the hard way.

illumnae
03-23-2024, 02:11 PM
Cool website! I was into bird photography too until covid hit, and I never got back into it again since then

brewmaster15
03-23-2024, 03:47 PM
Cool website! I was into bird photography too until covid hit, and I never got back into it again since then

.check out the photo section

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?326-Photography-as-a-Hobby

Maybe Pat and I can tempt you back.:)

Second Hand Pat
03-23-2024, 04:13 PM
I am always willing to help tempt anybody, especially photography ��
Pat

illumnae
03-31-2024, 11:52 AM
It's the inertia more than anything. I actually picked up nature photography because my wife liked it and she has a walking disability, so I have to drive her to and from all the shoot locations. I figured that since I was going to be there anyway I might as well join in. We stopped during covid because Singaporean photographers ignore social distancing in order to get the best shot, and they don't understand taking turns or being gracious. We didn't feel safe continuing in such circumstances and just never got around to starting back up again.

jeep
03-31-2024, 10:49 PM
Pretty cool. Time for some updates!!