PDA

View Full Version : New Fujifilm 2600 Camera, need a few tips please

joanr
05-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

My first efforts at aquarium photography are a disaster. Besides extra top lighting and no flash, what other settings should I use?
I can choose auto focus or manual, set the white brightness and EV manually, set the type of lighting. Basically all my pics are blurry and too dark so far. Not much help in post processing either. Wasn't there a topic for pic tips somewhere on the board? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Joan

Ryan
05-26-2002, 08:17 AM
Joan,

Is it a Fuji FinePix 2600? That's what my camera is. The best advice I can give you is to put it on auto, turn the flash off, use Macro mode (good close-ups), and lots of lighting both from the tank and from a window or door if you have one in the room. Usually my pictures turn out blurry too, I haven't gotten it down yet. There's just too many settings to play with on the camera, the combinations are endless!

Ryan

joanr
05-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Hi Ryan,

Yes, that's the one. I getting really frustrated with this. Over 200 trials and the attached is the best I can get so far. Must still need a whole lot more light. I've got some smith victor spots at work I'll bring home Tuesday to add extra light.

Anyhow this is big blue, male of my one pair. Dark now 'cause they have eggs.

joanr
05-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Ryan,

This is in macro mode with everything else auto and no flash, by George, I think I've got it...........lol  THANKS!

Orange Sunshine, fairly peppered, from Sunrise Tropicals, one of my first batch.

joanr
05-26-2002, 12:49 PM
And another, wow, this is going to get addictive.

Ryan
05-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Joan,

Very nice! I'm house-sitting for a friend this weekend and I brought my camera along. Usually when I take pictures without the flash, they come out blurry, but I've taken over 80 pictures since I've been here, no flash, and they all turned out beautiful. The only reason I can think of is because she has SO much natural light in her house. She has 21' high ceilings with huge windows all the way around. So it's almost like being outside. Also, this might be totally coincidental, but when taking pictures without the flash, hold the button down until the picture takes. Try to keep the camera very still, because the slightest movement makes for a blurry picture.

Ryan

joanr
05-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Ryan,

I bought a tripod this morning, my hand shakes way too much. The sunshine was shot using the tripod and your suggested settings. They will get better yet when I add more light. The finepix wasn't my first choice but it was the best I could find under $300. Have to save money for the fish! I think a lighter background for this tank would also help. Thanks for your tips!

Joan

sumptnfshy
03-24-2003, 03:10 PM
hello joan,
I had simliar problems with my digi cam. Heres what i learned I suck, and fish in my tanks dont like to hold still. I diddnt get one good pic until i started using the flash i diddn't want to use the flash because i thought it would freak out the fish, they dont care at all they dont even flinch. :thumbsup:

McGilly
03-24-2003, 04:17 PM
8)