PDA

View Full Version : Making a conversion program for Aquarist

taybelZ
05-17-2002, 06:55 AM
Hei guys,
how are we all?
I was thinking about making an executable file so that us discus keepers can convert from one metric system to another.
ie.
degrees (C) to degree (F)
Gallons to Litres.
Centimetres to Inchs
Volume of tank..
that kinda stuff, anyway i'm not sure how sucessful such program would be. If enough people are interested in it i will make the program, and update according to your requests. Just to clarify what an execuatable file is. It simply means a file you can run from your PC. Also you don't need to be online to access the file. (simply save to your computer for future use).
The program will be small and i will attempt to make it as user friendly as possble..
ie select the unit of conversion.
enter numberical values
click on calulate button.
Display results

Please post your thoughts on making such a program, i personally thought it would be a great idea save time refering back to charts etc. Also if you have any other conversion rates  please tell me so i can add them into the program.  Don't hesitate to post a MSG.. any feedback is greatly appreciated.
P.S for those who dont' know much about me... i'm an Engineering/Computing student 1st year.  I'm 17 (yeah yeah i'm young!) i know... tho i'm turning 18 on may 30th yipEEE!!!!!!!!

Ardan
05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Thank You,
How about
cc/teaspoon/tablespoon/fluid oz
5cc/teaspoon
15cc/tblsp
30cc/oz
also grams/oz/kg      1oz=28 grams

drops/cc?

Just some suggestions.
Thanks
Ardan :sunshine:

kirkp
06-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Just wondering if this ever happened? If not, I have a slik little program called convert that I believe does just about all of this. I'd be willing to share it with anyone that is interested.
Kirk