PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut , USA ....Discus addicts in the area?

brewmaster15
08-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi all,
Brewmaster15, and Ctdiscus.com are located in the tiny state of Connecticut. If you are going to be around Connecticut , and want to stop by email me brewmaster15@att.net or Instant Message me here.

It'd be great to meet you, and maybe talk discus over a cold one!

Take Care,
al

DarkDiscus
08-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Al,

Plus they get the added pleasure of having me horn in on the fun!

John

yellow sub
08-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Brewmaster...your not really alone 8)

Hey where is Northford? I work in Shelton and live in Farmington.

I stoped by your website. I got a little one too, now I know I am not the only one who keeps a pack and play in the basement! ;D ;D Do you have any little ones availiable, discus that is???

Stephen

DarkDiscus
08-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Stephen,

You're right between Al and Me. Northford is sort of over north of New Haven and I'm over in Bethel & work in Danbury.

Interesting commute you must have from Shelton to Farmington - do you go 8 to 84 or is there a back way?

John

yellow sub
08-21-2002, 04:45 PM
John,

I can go 2 ways depending on the traffic...84 to 8 or take some back roads to rt 6 and pick up 8 by Thomaston
Either way the commute sucks but it pays the bills....

its good to know there are some discus nuts this way...

Stephen

DarkDiscus
08-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Stephen,

Al's place is AWESOME. Lots of tanks and lots of cool discus. I have limited space these days and have only 4 tanks running, but the fish I do have are all very nice, IMHO, anyway!

We should all get together for fish tales and beer at some point.

John

brewmaster15
08-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Hi Stephen,
Its a pleasure meeting you! We get a few more in CT and we can have a real Connecticut Discus Association!

I might have some fish for sale, Instant message me sometime and let me know what you are interested in. I can email you some pics of them.

Either that or , we can do as John suggested and plan a get together. ;D

Take care,
al

yellow sub
08-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Al,

I wouldn't mind getting together either...CT discus assoc. sounds good to me

I will contact you tomorrow about the fish its kind of crazy here at work today. We are moving into new offices and everything is in disarray.

btw...going by your sign name brewmaster, are you also into homebrewing? Its also another hobby of mine.

Stephen

brewmaster15
08-22-2002, 03:52 PM
another homebrewer! ;D Alright!!!!!!

Darn John, aren't you lucky , you can raid my fridge and Stephens

...http://a8.cpimg.com/image/46/7E/9233478-8fb5-021C0195-.jpg

Take care,
al

DarkDiscus
08-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Stephen,

As Al can attest I am not into brewing, but DRINKING beer is a definite hobby of mine. His supply is never the same after I come by!

And my wife is also a big fan of the drinking aspect of the beer hobby.

John

yellow sub
08-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Al,

I nominate your photo for the discus photo contest winner...a homebrew infront of a discus tank, now that is perfection ;D

Talk about a small world, I was over in Branford last night to visit some good friends who just had twins. Anyway, they gave me directions to get to 91 the backway and it led straight through Northford.

Stephen

09-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Ok, here is my travel plans to date.
I am leaving here wed morning the 11th. I should be in Conn, by Friday afternoon. We will be working a little on friday to fet setup and then it is relax time until Monday afternoon. I would really like to get the chance to stop by and visit with anyone who has some free time that weekend.
The guy i am going out with wants to go sight seeing too. We were talking about maybe going to Ground zero and to Boston. If anyone has some free time, let me know.
Thanks, Matt

JSP
09-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Hello All! :D
I'm new to the board but not so new to discus keeping! I Live in Quincy Massachusettes where I have found very few people interested in the species. Although Conn. is a ways away, I'd be into a Discus association in the New England area! In addition to discus collecting- beer drinking is a close second in my list of hobbies!

brewmaster15
09-03-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi JSP,
Welcome to the board! I'm sure we can work something out! :)

Matt,
Sat or Sunday is open for me , heck even Friday night, we can definetly plan a get together!

-al

DarkDiscus
09-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Matt & Al,

I am available for discus and non-discus fun at any point that weekend - so far, anyway. I know that Sandra is looking forward to more discus friends too...

John

bikhu
02-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

Western Ma. is here too! Al's place is great but would would be nice to meet someone closer to home to share the ride with!!!! Anyone from closer to Springfield?
I am also looking for used tanks and hoods... anyone? Anyone? Buller?