View Full Version : The 1- I luv more than Discus

slicksta
10-12-2002, 12:51 PM
My Baby is for sale....
this is the jist...
1999 Corvette Convertible
Navy Blue / Tan / Tan
13000K mi
Description: Convertible with Tan Top and Tan Sport Leather Seat. Power everything, 6 Speed Manual, Garaged No Rain or Winter. Chrome Wheels and Rollbar. Sony 10 Disc. Nice color combo, MSTA. $38000 or best offer...
John
Yonkers, NY

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/157361.jpg

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/157362.jpg

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/157367.jpg

DarkDiscus
10-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Slick,

That's a LOT of discus, buddy!

Why sell?

John

DarkDiscus
10-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Slick,

My wife wanted to tell you that she was born and raised on Durst Place, Yonkers, NY. It's around the block from St. Joseph's Seminary...

Do you know where that is?

John

slicksta
10-12-2002, 03:10 PM
D_D_

Sure I know where that is... It is about 2 min away....I live on the other end of Tibbetts Park off Mclean Ave.
Did she go to Lincoln High......I graduated 83...

as far as the car....I just ordered a 50th anniversary one.....I should get it in December.....Happy Birthday to me and Merry Christmas...

DarkDiscus
10-14-2002, 09:21 AM
Slick,

Yes, she went to Lincoln. And she was there the same time you were, at least briefly. I am forbidden from divulging the exact year, however! ...Women... We'll meet up at the NE Discus meeting next month!

Congratulations on the car. Sounds like you're treating yourself well this year! Maybe if I'm really good I can get a new tank this year...

John

DarkDiscus
10-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Slick,

She also wanted to ask you if you knew Bill Davidson, her cousin, who also went to Lincoln and was probably your year or so...

John

slicksta
10-14-2002, 03:15 PM
D_D_

Bill Davidson doesn't strike a bell......but that's not to say he didn't sit next to me in biology........Gonna be 20 years next year. Is your wife older or younger...I have a brother 3 years older and a sister 3 years younger...My pic is somewhere in the faces and name thread....see if that strikes a bell with her.
Funny....on the job today I ran in to a guy I went to high school with who I hadn't seen since. We actually had been to elementary and middle school together as well....seems like my past is trying to get in touch with me....
As far as the car.......you only get to play this game once...and when it's over...... it's over

John :bandana:

DarkDiscus
10-14-2002, 03:35 PM
John,

We tracked down your "surfer dude" pic! She said you don't look familiar to her. But she asked me to find out your last name so she can figure out if that's at all familiar. Maybe that will do the trick.

John

10-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Damn, I thought I put low miles on mine... Good Luck on the new one.....

slicksta
10-21-2002, 09:01 PM
I know..... it's a shame.....
It doesn't come out much in the winter and I always end up taking a few vacations during the summer....so, there ya go....
gonna try to get a little more use out of the next one.....

:bandana:

10-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Oh yeah!!! I forgot about the winter for you guys.... Are you going to take the museum delivery? I was thinking of upgrading mine this year but wanna wait and see how the c6 is going to look.....

slicksta
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
anand

not going to take the museum delivery...though it would probably be nice....have you ever done so.
I wanted a 50th when I got this in 99, but I didn't want to wait 4 years, you never know if you'll even be around, and I figured I could trade up when 03 rolled around if I still wanted it.....
....and I still want it.
Not sure, but when do the C6's come out....I heard 05. I saw a prototype pic in one of the magazines about a year ago.....but there always far from the end product....

10-24-2002, 03:30 PM
Last time I didn't do a museum, but will the next time, I think they are suppose to roll out 04' but I don't know, no official word yet I am closely watching the corvette forum we will see....

slicksta
10-26-2002, 11:49 PM
anand

Just came from a party with my nephew who is an auto mechanic and according to him the C6 is out in 04. They are finishing off the C5 with the anniversary car. Still no info on the C6 other than it will be a total revamp. I don't think you will hear much about it because they want to sell all the 03's. first. I think many people have your thinking on that.........but that 50th is callin me.........
can't you hear it..... ;D

10-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Yes, I hear it loud and clear, I saw a convertible the other day at the dealers place, the new red color... it was pretty nice... but I am going to hold it in.... I am also hoping that they would finally put a twin overhead cam on the LS1's I need some high revs.....

slicksta
10-29-2002, 08:03 PM
I had a 88 corolla gt-s with 4valve per cylinder and twin overhead cams....it had a 7800rpm red line.....what a fun car to beat the piss out of....
I can't compare it to this V8, but a 7800 red line would be interesting.
I did hear the're supose to up the HP though.... :thumbsup:

:bandana:

10-31-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah!! I love high rev engines..... for a while I was looking at the viper but the gas guzzling thing threw me off... who know I might change my mind.... maybe not... I kinda like the handling of the vette... it is a lot of fun.. if I can't just cut the expense on tickets I will have some extra cash aswell.....

slicksta
11-09-2002, 12:12 PM
The Viper is an awesome vehicle......but I don't think it has the every day drivability of the vette..
I just got back from the SEMA show in Vegas......what a blast....and all those add-ons for these toys.....
If I don't sell the car, I am considering to make a modest show car out of it....Supercharger w/high rise hood, exhaust, brakes and a little interior and chrome work.....will see.....

Steve_Warner
11-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Hi all,
Damn Slicksta, I LIVE HERE IN VEGAS! If I would have known you were coming to the SEMA show, I would've picked ya up in my vette! I have a black '97 with no serious mods. I've just done the plugs, wires, tires and pcv mods. I met Ron & Mary Menchey last year when they came here for the SEMA show. The C6's are coming out in '04 and should have about 450 HP from what I've been told. One of my neighbors works at a chevy dealer here(where I bought mine from) and told me they would be in the $70,000 dollar range :o I don't know how truthful that is, but this guy is a manager at the dealership. Are ya a member of any forums for vettes? I'm a member on corvetteforum.com ("blackjetvette97") Have you done any mods to your vette? There are some good supporting vendors on the forums who offer good deals for parts. There are also some great vette tuners around the country.

Steve

slicksta
11-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Steve
I was only in Vegas for two days with my nephew and we had a full schedule. I didn't even think to see who might be in the area. Next year I will probably be there for the week, so I will have a chance to hook-up. What do Ron and Mary Menchy do...did they come this year....I haven't done anything to my current car really......roll bars, KnN filter and stainless tips. As far as the C6....it's a big secret, and I don't think anyone on the retail end knows. From what I have heard it will be out in mid 04 as an 05 model. I did hear it was a total revamp and they were upping the HP....but like I said.....there not tellin'. Not a member of any Vette forum....may get more involved if I end up trick-in this one or when the new one shows up.
John

Steve_Warner
11-12-2002, 02:42 AM
Hi John,
Ron is on here as the screen name "Mench". He and his wife were here for the show last year and we hooked up and they came over one night. His wife, Mary, and my wife sat there together, shaking their heads at us, since we are both discus nuts, as well as HUGE Michael Jordan fans(I have a large collection). It was pure bliss having someone to relate to and match my hobby madness! I'm just sorry he lives about 3000 miles from me, on the East Coast :( 'cause we could have lots of fun and get into lots of trouble together, eh Ron! ;) Anyway, the C6 sounds like it's gonna be one helluva machine from the rumors! I was thinking about taking advantage of the really low interest rates on the market today for cars and springin' for a new vette, but I am content with mine. I'm not into puttin on the heads/cams/exhausts/etc. and playin that way. I just like to have a nice fast car without puttin in thousands more dollars into it. I don't like the way some parts were designed on the car, though(mirrors, light motors)........CHEAP! You should signup as a member of a forum..........the forum I'm on now is TOTALLY FREE and has "Supporting Vendors" who consist of retailers with parts AND Chevy dealers who give nice discounts on ALL parts for our cars. This equates to nice savings on anything you might need to replace.......plus there are excellent tips and people who can help you repair just about anything on the car and save you LOTS of money in ridiculous repair bills! Talk to ya later.

Steve

slicksta
11-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Steve
I don't like doing mods to a car myself.....My nephew wants to do it so he can have a car to show is work.....kinda a neat way to advertise. I am not doing anything to the new one when I get it.
I wouldn't buy a new car the first year of a production change, so that means I would have to wait till late 05 or 06 to get a C6....who knows what can happen in that time....get sick...loose my job....loose what little money I have or even worse.....get married.... :o lol....only kidding.
That's why I have this 99...I wanted a 50th Anniv-03, but in 99 I said why wait...life is to short....and when the ride is over...they don't let you back on no matter how much money you have.
It seems I get into one thing or another...right now it is discus...I'm sure that will change in a few months...I love the Vettes, always have....but I don't know what I would discuss on a board about it...besides what I am discussing with you now.. ;D .My brother and nephew do all my work now and have some good hook for parts and I use there discount so I am happy with that....who knows....you might see a "SlickVette" on the site soon ;)
take care, John