PDA

View Full Version : FEEDING DISCUS WITH LIVE TROUT FISH FRIES

arfan
10-27-2002, 11:32 PM
HI:
SOMEONE ADVISED ME TO FEED MY DISCUS WITH LIVE TROUT FISH FRIES. HE SAID THAT HE TRIED IT AND WORKED FINE WITH HIS DISCUS . BESIDE IT IS A CHEAP FOOD, :o

HE SAID THAT DISCUS LOVED THIS GAME !! ;D ;D

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT ? ???

PLEASE POST YOUR EXPERIENCE .

ARFAN :)

Ralph
10-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Where would you buy trout fry? And how would you keep them?

Denny
10-28-2002, 08:05 PM
i have been wondering if baby guppies,platys,swords or mollies are fed by anyone?

denny

10-29-2002, 02:05 AM
Pirahnas maybe, but not discus.
Ain't no way in hell a full grown discus can swallow a trout fry. Bites them into pieces maybe, but can't swallow a trout fry whole. I don't believe it. Your friend is pulling your leg, man.

Oh, one more thing. Its illegal to harvest game fish this way. They do have a size and a quantity limit any where in the US and Canada.

Pure B.S.

On the other hand you may be mistaken for trout fry feed. You know, the stuff they feed trout fry with. This would be more reasonable. But I don't recommend it. I have used it once and found them to be very oily.

I fish therefore I know!

jim_shedden
10-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Bingo.......I fish and therefore I jnow too. Trout are a sportfish and are not even allowed to be used for bait or even to keep in a fish tanks without special permission.

Jim

erikiiy
10-31-2002, 05:03 AM
Heres another though, when your discus are trained to eat fry's, they might eat their own frys too when they breed.

12-04-2002, 08:22 PM
i feed my discus baby gupies when they breed and they enjoy chasing them and eating them...lol