PDA

View Full Version : Last call... NE discus meeting....

brewmaster15
11-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to wrap up the details of the Nov 23rd meeting. What I need from everyone attending is an email , with your contact info on it, and number of people in your group. Once I have all the contact info, Jeff and I will be able to update everyone by email/ phone as necessary.

Please email me at brewmaster15@att.net, by friday Nov 8th .

Thanks,
al

April
11-05-2002, 08:50 PM
are you sure thats not sw canada the meeting is at?
ok..well have fun..and make sure we get full reports.

DarkDiscus
11-06-2002, 10:07 AM
April,

I'm sure Al and Jeff could find someone willing to donate his services as meeting secretary...

::)

John

Francisco_Borrero
11-06-2002, 03:14 PM
I will be there, but don't know yet if my wife will too. If she does, that means 3 people (with Maya, age 4).

On that note, I must ask:
Are we thinking on a family affair this time (as we did back in the summer)? Or are we thinking of just the family members who actually do the water changes ? I imagine there may be limits to the number of people than can be accommodated ??
Please respond.

Cheers, Francisco.

DarkDiscus
11-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Francisco,

Sandra is coming and she's not a water changer. I think that a lot of the "fish talk" may be boring for some, but they may learn a bit as well!

As for space - I think Al's planning the event at a local banquet hall/restaurant and is having a tour of his facilities afterward. I don't think there's a specific limit.

John

brewmaster15
11-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi Francisco,
I would love to see your whole family again!. It will be at a restaurante, then we'll head back to my place if anyone wants to see my collection of tank stands ;)-i've added a few since you and done were here. :) oh and see the discus ..off course!
-al

brewmaster15
11-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Hi all,
Just an update on the meeting. Looks like its going to be good size one so far. We have 18 people signed up officially so far.

The following is a list of those that said earlier they were attending or would try to attend. I need to hear from you either by email, or post it here whether you are going to attending .

tyler and MOM
Rodrigo
gump
fcdiscus(frank)
chienhsu
richieE
cary
arvind
Pooljap(jim)
lynn
yellow sub
chaos

Sorry for the duplication if you have said it elsewhere, I just need a solid count so I can reserve us a place.

thanks, al

fcdiscus
11-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Sorry Al- i really wanted to come, but it is a bad weekend for me. Have a great time! Frank :D

Tyler
11-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Al,
Sorry it took so long to get that email to ya.....I've been a little busy lately. I'll definitely be there, and anything else you need help with I'm here.
Thanks

Tyler

Chaos
11-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Yes, my wife and I will be there.

Thanks for the invite.

tango0806
11-09-2002, 01:10 PM
I saw a few posts but I did not see a reply where is the meeting being held and what is the address please?

John G

BoxerDad
11-09-2002, 11:32 PM
BoxerDad plans to attend aka John Apuzza Long Island.

Need info on time place and directions on how to get there????????????????????????????????????????

brewmaster15
11-10-2002, 03:21 PM
Hi all,
I'll email everyone this week with direction and location for the meeting. Please be patient, I needed to get numbers going to be reserve the spot. Looks like we will be having about 25 at the meeting. Should be alot of fun!

-al

Lynn
11-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Al,
I really want to be there, but I cannot get enough time off work to travel. >:(
I am sure you guys will have a great time... I want to see pics!

Lynn

pooljap
11-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Brewmaster...

does not look like I will be able to make it. Have a load of fun and thanks for the invite !

Jim

DarkDiscus
11-15-2002, 09:26 AM
Al,

When you have the time, could you post a current list of attendees? Not for any specific reason but just because I'm looking forward to seeing who I get to meet!

John

brewmaster15
11-15-2002, 04:11 PM
HI everyone,
I'll post more on this tonight(john-I'll get the list up then too). I am meeting with the restaurant to talk about menues today.... but for now...

http://www.riverrunrestaurant.com/

is where the meeting will be. My house and humble assortment of fish and beer is located 5 mins away.

we are shooting for a a luncheon,(cash bar)

meet at 1:00
lunch at 2:00
Jeff and I will present
topics, auction, and
End things off with a visit at my house for discus and home made beer/salsa

Bring stryos...you never know what peopel bring to these meetings!

HTH,
al

roclement
11-16-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi Al,

Sorry for the late post, I am coming, I am also trying to get Brian Bender to come, can't guarantee that...so my count is one big body! ;D

Need the directions! I am bringing a sample breeding cone from Rosenthal pottery as well as some business cards, if someone is interested.

See ya'll there ;D

chuck
11-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Al,
Did you send out directions yet? If so can you post or send them to me? ??? ;) :D

chuck

brewmaster15
11-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Okay everyone...

Looks like we are going to have one Awesome meeting.... ...

Heres the list of attendies as of 11/18/02

Brewmaster15...Al Sabetta
Jeff Richards
John Russo JR + guest
Dottie+ Guest
Fred Oliver+2 guests
Gary McCarthy
Ron Menchy
John Apuzzo aka boxerDad
Wayne Deslauriers..aka fishhead
John.... aka slickster65+guest
John...aka Darkdiscus + 3 guests
Tom..aka Tommy
Tyler + guest (guests?)
Francisco + 2 guests (maybe?)
Rodrigo aka roclement
Rich Edmonds aka RichieE
Steve Parent aka yellow sub
Gary Wu
Chuck Russel

Total =28

What I need is for you to let me know if I have missed you, or if the numbers of guests has changed. If you told me their was possibly a guest coming with you. Nows the time to to tell me definitively. I Have to tell the restaurant exactly how many of there will be by tomarrow...Tuesday, the 19th...

oh incidentally... the menue is a buffet.... there will be..

wood grilled flank steak
Grilled Salmon
Pasta premavera
Julienne vegetables
Rosemary-and Garlic Roasted potatoes
*meals will be served with Green salad and Bread
Dessert

Let me know if there are any special food requirements and I'll see if I can work something out.

Total cost will be $25.00 per person which includes tax, and Tip. I am placing this on my credit card, so please bring cash or a check in the that amount. Checks can be made out to Al Sabetta

For directions to the restaurant.... The address is ...

River Run at the Millpond
1565 Middletown Ave
Northford, CT
06472-1066, US
(203)484-4727

The best directions I can give is to use Mapquest.com

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1565+Midd letown+Ave.+%28Route+17%29&city=Norrthford&state=C t&zipcode=06472&homesubmit.x=32&homesubmit.y=11

If you can find it thru there... Instant message me your staring address and I'll send you the directions specific for you.

You can easily get to this restaurant from I-91 N in CT
as well as from I-95

I can't wait to meet you all!
-al

ps...
The post meeting ...meeting at my house is literally down the road. I will tell you all how to get there at the meeting, but if you are interested ...use mapquest... from the restaurant addy... my address is

75 Maltby lane
Northford Ct

Francisco_Borrero
11-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Al, my wife (Melinda) and daughter (Maya) will be along with me. If no other kids around, Melinda will improvise.
See you, Francisco. (Thanks!!!)

brewmaster15
11-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Hi Francisco!
Great news! I just sent you an email.

-al

BoxerDad
11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Hello Al,

John Apuzza aka. BoxerDad here, There is a possibilty that my Brother -In- law might be coming along with me .

This depends on his work schedule and he won't be able to give me a definite until Friday evening.

Is this ok with you?

Thanks,

John Apuzza

brewmaster15
11-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Hi John,
I will add one more person to the list. Hopefully your brother-in-law will be able to make it. That makes a total of 30 people!

Take care,
al

Chaos
11-19-2002, 05:54 PM
Al, you missed me + wife + guest

John Chao aka chaos (more than one chao).

My email is now visible in my profile. Hope you have room left.

Thanks.

John

Tyler
11-20-2002, 06:04 PM
I can free up one spot....looks like my dad won't be able to make it due to work, so its just gonna be me and good 'ol mom. I'm very excited about meeting all of you, and now that i have a pair....and more coming.... I can't wait to hear Jeff's speach and see Al's setup. Gonna need all the tips i can get!

Tyler

FishHead
11-20-2002, 08:42 PM
Silly request, but might good use. Al, do you have a cell phone # incase anyone should get lost? ( I never do ::) )

11-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Sniff sniff... :'( :'(

Sounds like a blast..... Wish I could be there. :-\

Slick, take lots of pics please.... ;D

Julz

DarkDiscus
11-21-2002, 09:28 AM
I don't know if Al has a cell phone, but I do... And I plan on getting there a little early. If there is an emergency or someone gets lost, you can reach me at 860-307-7534. And I can give Al the phone, since I don't know the area very well either!

John

Tyler
11-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Sorry to ask this again as i know it was said a million times....but what time should i be at the resturaunt? I know a while ago we said 1:00, but just wanted to make sure that hasn't changed.
Thanks

Tyler

p.s. Yes, I am in school...I know someone will notice what time i am posting. Good 'ol computer class.....hehehehehe.

slicksta
11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Julz
....your wish is my command grand high all knowing mystic ruler board moderator queen of the dance.......
;)

PARCS46
08-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Hi Brewsker: DD here, hope I can squeeze in on this meet? I was out of town for a month visiting family! Hope I didn't miss out as we discussed this back in march, still looking forward to this event but alas was not on Simply untill tonight. I can hookup with Boxerdad or Chuck R. to get all the details, also not ot get lost, first trip your way! please respond, Thanks Much: Sincerely, Bill W. 8) (DiscusDevil) 8)

brewmaster15
08-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi Bill,
I'm going try and schedule a meeting for september. I'll let everyone know when I figure it all out.

Thanks,
al

FischAutoTechGarten
08-08-2003, 04:16 PM
If it's later in the month, I might get over there. Probably about 3 to 4 hours from you folks.
I'll be in San Fran at the beginning of the month (Labor Day weekend). If I pick up anything from Henry's or Bing's, I'll need to clear out some of my current juveniles eventually.

DiscusBob
08-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Al: This will be on a weekend, right?

The only weekend I can't make it is Sept. 6-7.

I hope this meeting happens...I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Bob