PDA

View Full Version : Panacur question on Dosage

Wolf
11-08-2002, 03:16 AM
I just picked up some panacur today because I noticed one of my fish has tapeworms. I want to make sure of the dosage I should use with it.

The package says Horse Dewormer, Panacur Fenbendazole paste 10% (100mg/g). So each gram of panacur paste contains 100mg of fenbendazole. It says the tube 25 grams will deworm a 1100 pound horse. How much of this paste should I mix with 4oz of food.

Wolf
11-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Brewmaster, someone help a brotha out here ;D. I' m not positive on what dosage to use and this medicine seems stronger than the one in the article you wrote. Thanks for any help. I would like to treat this guys ASAP.

Carol_Roberts
11-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Here is a link
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1138
Carol :heart1:

Wolf
11-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Carol thanks. I read that but the dosage is confusing and it doesn't say how much Fenbendazole/per gram is in the panacur they are using.

dissolved in a gel food at 1 percent by food volume = 1gram per 4 oz of food.

So I am guessing if he is mixing a 1% solution at 1 gram per 122g of food then his Panacur is also a 100mg/g mix like mine :-\.

I think I will just go get some prazi tomorrow. It seems easier to mix and deal with. I guess I wasted a few bucks but you live an learn.

brewmaster15
11-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Hi wolf,
what is the concentration of panacur you have? Its usually a solid powder or 10 % suspension.

If you have tape worms... it will work as well in the food. But Prazi is far easier. It goes right into the tank.

hth,
al