PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH PAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunterbeav
11-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi all the pair I have on eggs should I feed them ???? Or do water changes? HELP !!!!!!! never thought I'd have eggs this morning so NOW WHAT PLEASE lol !!!!!!!! :)

11-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Give whoever you got them from a call. I'm not an expert but I'd just leave them alone for a while..skip feeding or water changes for at least today. Maybe do a quick test for ammonia or nitrates? If they're ok..just leave the water undisturbed.

hunterbeav
11-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Thanks Ed thats what I thought too. Mikes not home he out hunting for viddles lol going to call Cary now. :)

Dennis_Hardenburge
11-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Hunterbeav
Every one seems to have thier own methods.
I continue with 10% daily water changes, being sure the water is the same PH and temp. This is to remove fish waste and clean the bottom.
Feeding, each pair is different, I have some that eat a lot more when they are caring for eggs and some that won't eat for a day or two. I drop feeding beefheart and only feed tetra bits for three days untill the eggs hatch. If you are using live worms I would continue.
Do you starve your self for a few days after sex?
If I were you I would feed litely and if they don't eat with in a half hour siphon the food out.
Good Luck
Dennis

rfidiscus
11-13-2002, 03:00 PM
I have over 20 pairs now with fry or eggs and some of them eat normally (70%) and others wont touch food until the fry are free swimming. I have found that if they will eat, it helps keep down on egg or fry eating. Keep the bottom clean and be careful not to disturb the fry or parents.
Good luck....

11-13-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Hunterbeau!!!! ;D
My pair layed eggs 3 days ago, day 4 made wigglers. I continue my routine with feeding and cleaning the tank like any other day. It does not seem to bother my pair, but my fish are very use to me. Good luck!!!!!! ;D

hunterbeav
11-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Cool Splue thanks will try a w/c tomorrow :)

11-14-2002, 01:09 AM
Jim,
I agree with Dennis H. Just feed them a small amount. They have to eat. Water changes do daily, do them as to not to disturb the fish. Same PH and temp.

Good Luck
Miles