PDA

View Full Version : Beefheart Recipes

paul_burney
11-14-2002, 04:06 AM
Hi all as a new Mod here i thought id try to get a new thread started on your favorite Beefheart Recipe. Please if you will give us your Recipe for success. Ill start with what i use here.

5lbs Beefheart
2lbs Raw Shrimp
1/2 lb of Cod
2 tablespoons Papricka Powder
1oz of Nutarose
A good multi Vitamin
And a good helping of Garlic Power

This i hand mix and pack into 1gal zip lock bags and freeze
Tell us your secret recipe :):)
Paul

citizenal
11-14-2002, 06:15 AM
For my beefheart recipe, 10 lb Beef heart, 10 lb shrimp, 2 tablespoons of discus vital, 5 squirts of selcon, 8 oz of spirulina powder and mix. Then I put them in large ziplock bags and flatten them out. Cheers. AL

brewmaster15
11-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Whoops didn't see this post when I started the one for the article!@ :)
-al

paul_burney
11-14-2002, 03:40 PM
Are we thinking alike today Al twice i have seen us post almost the same thing ESP iguess :alien: :alien: :alien:

Don_Lee
11-14-2002, 05:25 PM
When shrimp is mentioned as an ingredient, how does the shrimp need to be prepared? Any special prep. for the cod? Does the shrimp need to be deveined etc? I think I am going to have to try to figure this out, these food bills are killing me! LOL

Don

samcatj
11-14-2002, 08:29 PM
I have the same questions as Don about the shrimp and cod.
Do you run all of the ingredients through a food processor or puree it togeather? Any information on the actual processing of the recipe would be helpful.
Thanks for your time.

Sam

paul_burney
11-15-2002, 03:44 AM
Hi Guys i run the Shrimp and the Cod through the wifes food processer ( she isnt happy about it either ::) ) till its really mixed up good kind of like a paste then i hand mix it in my beefheart. HTH
Paul

fcdiscus
11-15-2002, 03:53 AM
Hey Paul, You should try the fresh garlic instead of the powdered stuff. Much more potent. Take it from a pizan! ;DFrank

paul_burney
11-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey Frank
the FISH HATER here is part Itialian but she uses garlic powder :'( :'( so i just use it also ;D ;D
Paul

Tin Pusher
11-23-2002, 02:04 PM
For us beginners could you run through the whole process of making your own beefheart mix from start to finish. Do you cut up beefheart or puree it?etc.......
Thanks

Tin Pusher
11-23-2002, 02:04 PM
For us beginners could you run through the whole process of making your own beefheart mix from start to finish. Do you cut up beefheart or puree it?etc.......
Thanks

paul_burney
11-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Tin
i have my beefheart de-veined de-fated by my local butcher then i have him him run it through the hamburger machine for me i take it home and hand mix all the goodies i put in my food. HTH you
Paul

ChienHsu
11-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Hi! How you make all ingredients stick together when you feed the dicus in the aquarium?

Chien

Richman
11-27-2002, 12:05 AM
I use:
1 beefheart
1 10 oz. bag frozen spinach
6 crushed and liquified multivitamins
6 cloves fresh garlic
3 handfuls fish flakes (any kind)
6oz. red AZOO pellets
1oz. paprika

Carefully remove all veins and fat from heart and chop in food processor until almost small enough (but not quite). Then mix in other ingredients and pulse the processor till it is mixed into a paste. Then put in quart ziplock bags, flatten to about 1/4 inch and freeze. To feed, break into chunks, microwave for a few seconds till slightly thawed and drop into tank. The flakes do a great job of holding the mixture together. Next time, I am going to add some spirulina powder and a banana. Why a Banana????? Cause John N. said so. When I asked him why, he said Jack Wattley said so. And that's that.

allan_mark76
12-02-2002, 03:05 PM
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Quick question - how do you guys prepare the beefheart / prawns??? Do you guys just add it raw or do you boil it??? If you boil it how long???? Do you want it fully cooked or pink in the middle??? Please let me know the specifics as to how you all prepare your recipes.

Thanks.

A-

Discusgeo
12-02-2002, 07:05 PM
For you guy's that use the garlic in your food. I found if you go to an Asian market you can find the Garlic already cut up and chopped up pretty into pretty fine pieces. I found mine this way at a Korean Market.
George

Richman
12-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Allen,

Raw!

paul_burney
12-03-2002, 02:01 AM
Hi Allen
The beefheart and all the goodies i use ( shrimp ETC )are used Raw i get my local Butcher to defat and devein my beefheart for me then i have him run it through the hamburger machine for me 1 time HTH you
Paul Burney

Debo
12-03-2002, 10:02 AM
I found in the grocery store in the spice area from McCormicks California style garlic . It is a paste . I am going to use this in my next batch. :)
Deb