PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances for Marlboro-PB to turn red

wo
11-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I have bought about 12 marlboro fries last month. Since I have not any sense on PB strain discus, I really want to have a pair of super red discus. Some oof them named San Merah, Super San Merah, Red Cover, Super Red Marlboro, Rose Red ......etc. Are they all pigeon blood discus? And I heard someone said that the chance of marlboro(female- redXmale-yellow)turn red are 1 to 10(10%), it that true?

11-16-2002, 02:31 PM
HI WO,

I have bought about 12 marlboro fries last month. SWEET SWEET SWEET! Since I have not any sense on PB strain discus, I really want to have a pair of super red discus. I SEE IF SO YOU SHOULD ADD SOME TYPE OF COLOR FEED TO THEIR DIET! Some of them named San Merah, Super San Merah, Red Cover, Super Red Marlboro, Rose Red ......etc. Are they all pigeon blood discus? NO ROSE REDS AND SAN MERAH ARE NOT PB. BUT MANY BREEDERS ARE CROSSEING THEM INTO PB LINES SO ITS BEST TO ASK YOUR BREEDER IF THEY CARRY PB IN THEIR ROSE RED AND SAN MERAH LINES And I heard someone said that the chance of marlboro(female- redXmale-yellow)turn red are 1 to 10(10%), it that true? YES VERY TRUE IT SEEMS THE ORGINAL MARLBORO REDS ARE NOT RED AT ALL UNLESS THE BREEDER COLOR FEEDS THEM. ALSO IF THIS HELPS FEMALES ARE REDER THEN MALE MARLBORO'S WHEN ADULTS.

GOOD LUCK
CARY GLD!

cobalt
11-17-2002, 02:13 AM
from my experiance, 8 out of 10 PB X Marlboro turned red only when mature at age 1 year +-
maybe it just takes time :D
Coablt

Willie
11-30-2002, 02:35 PM
IME, most Marlboros will turn orange or yellow. Very few of them will turn red unless both parents are bright red. Those are a lot more expensive, so you can probably guess based on your purchase price.

Willie