PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend an Air Pump for multiple tanks.

Sean
11-18-2002, 02:23 PM
I am looking at setting up a fishroom with about 6 tanks to start and would like to hear recommendations for air pumps to the sponge filters. It will have two twenty gallon tanks and four fifty-five gallon tanks.

Thanks in advance,

Sean.

Lynn
11-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Sean,

Check out the air pumps at : www.jehmco.com

HTH ;D
Lynn

korbi_doc
11-18-2002, 05:41 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Sean, I have the 28w linear piston air pump from jehmco & love it. Am running 7 tanks with it & lotsa airsponge filters. John'll take care of you- just tell him what your plans are. Dottie ;D ;D

Fish_Fin-atic
11-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey Dottie, just wondering about the noise output of your pump. I saw a pump at a friend's house a while back (he was running 6 tanks with it) I think he bought it at MOPS but I could be wrong. Anyhow, the pump seemed a bit anoying with its constant chug-chug-chug-chug noise 24 hours a day. What's yours like?

korbi_doc
11-18-2002, 07:16 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: What kind of pump was it? Do you know? Mine is verrry quiet, John says they're silent, & I may have a bit of back pressure, but its just a minor hum & is not noticeable. I love the setup. My son-in-law installed the pvc thru the house front to back & up to all the tanks, & it's hooked up with an inverter & deep cycle battery for power outages. Can't be beat for air & security. Now if only could figure out how to do it with heaters. lol, Dottie :D :D

paulmat
11-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Sean
I agree with Lynn & Dottie ;D I have a LPH#45 from Jehmco and it powers 14 tanks and the only noise it makes is the air coming out of the unused air valves ;) They tout that you can sleep with it next to your bed.and its true(althou I have never tried it) YET!!!
Paul

Sean
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I was also looking at the 28w LPH. Seems reasonable.

It sounds like you set it up with PVC and just patch in some air line. Dottie, if you ever figure out how to do that with heaters please make sure you give me a ring. lol.

Thanks,

Sean.

daninthesand
11-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Sean

I agree with those who have suggested the linear piston pumps from Jehmco.I also have the smallest model and it is dead quiet. I am running 9 hydrosponges and also running a diffuser in each of my two 50 gallon water barrels. they are 4 feet deep and the diffusers are at the bottom. Tons of air, and dead quiet.

Daniel

Jeffery_Doty
11-19-2002, 12:47 AM
Sean,

I have the lph45 from Jehmco, and I love it! I am completely 100% satisfied, and it is so quiet, I can barely hear it run.

You will not be sorry. And you will have plenty of expansion in your system.

Jeff
Oregon

mench
11-19-2002, 10:42 AM
I am using the Pump by Hagen model 20.So far it seem to have plenty of air for my set up.I am running sponge filters in 15 tanks and air stones in my holding tanks.I am going to purchase another air pump as a back up in the future,just not sure which one.The Pump is very,very quiet.

Mench

Butch
11-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Hi Sean...I have the 45 pump from John at Jehmco and like everyone else...it is great. Plenty of air and no noise.
John also set me up with Stainless valves and a tap to make a pvc manifold for the air. You just drill a hole where you want on the pvc line and run the tap and in 60 seconds you have a new air outlet with valve where you need it.

Butch :)

Sean
11-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Sounds like I need to get one of those Jehmco pumps.

Thanks everyone,

Sean.