PDA

View Full Version : Any reliable breeders overseas?

DREW
11-18-2002, 02:24 PM
I think I'm going through Cary for my first few batches of discus but I am curious on which overseas breeders people like to go through.

Thanks
Drew

April
11-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Id go with Cary for your first order..and if you want fish from overseas...go with a breeder also here who brings them in and does the quarantine and then sends you nice ones. if they get lousy ones sent.they get stuck with them not you. and thier more likely to get nice fish sent to them as they need to keep repeat buyers happy.
Alot of the breeders do have imports.

Smokey
11-18-2002, 07:41 PM
Very good advice, April.
Drew - excellant word- of -mouth -expierence is also good. I have imported from over seas, and Murphey's Law does exsist. beautilful discus... terrible airfrieght handlers!

Discusgeo
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Drew you are also going to need about $3000.00 for an order. That does not include shipping cost, box charges and any paper work for customes. You will also need and importers license if you plan on selling them as a business and you will need to go thru customs once they enter the U.S
George

11-18-2002, 08:55 PM
I LIKE ROY AND SLY,
SINGAPORE DISCUS DISCUS DISCUS
THEY POST HERE OFTEN GREAT QUALITY! AND VERY NICE PEOPLE EVEN BOUGHT MY NEW BABY A GIFT THANKS GUYS
SEE YA IN SING SING SOON! ;)

CARY GLD!

April
11-18-2002, 09:09 PM
yeppers . I agree with Cary . im holding out for Roys fish. ;D
them or nothing. but i have got some beautiful ones from Australia.. but i emailed the poor guy to death daily for a year first. and had a good sense of how he cared for his fish. oh and i also emailed cary and mike to death also . so they all became friends first...then business. Ive always gotten great fish this way.
WE in Canada dont need an import license . just pay our taxes at customs and go. but shipping is costly. and they do need a big enough order to make it worth their while.

DREW
11-19-2002, 09:28 AM
I just started harassing Cary. ;DI hate to see his e-mail inbox

Thanks for replys

mench
11-19-2002, 10:24 AM
Drew,you aren't all that far from Cary.It might be worth the trip on a weekend to go to his place and hand pick your fish.I live about 5 1/2 short hrs from him and it is always a good trip.

Mench

DREW
11-19-2002, 10:31 AM
I was thinking of a trip in the spring. I was planning on having my fish room built by spring time and then I could stockup. ;D I have never seen that many tanks with discus in them. Not even when I worked for a local fish wholesaler. It must be a sight.