PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond Background

rcdg
11-19-2002, 05:46 PM
I am setting up a 65 Gal Display that I am putting 6 Blue Diamonds in. My question, what color background will these guys look the best with? I am worried if I use the standard blue they will blend in. Excuse me for asking, I should know better, but is a mirror completely out of the question ??? Twelve fish for the price of 6 :) :)

DarkDiscus
11-19-2002, 05:56 PM
My Blue Diamonds are in a medium blue tank and are too dark. I would go with a light blue to white background - they look a nice powder blue.

I've seen people go with mirror backgrounds - I would think it would be somewhat confusing for the fish, like too much reflection from the bottom of the tank.

John

mutfish
11-19-2002, 06:19 PM
I've kept BDs in tanks with no background, black backgrounds and blue backgrounds a little lighter than the color of this board and noticed little difference, but I think a light background is best overall for all discus.

If you can use the newer GE Aqua rays fresh and saltwater tubes in your tank lighting, you will be amazed at the color of your BDs 8)

redlines
11-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Mine look great with a light blue background.

Andy

rcdg
11-19-2002, 07:05 PM
Mutfish, Thanks for the lighting suggestion. Anybody using any other lighting that enhances the blue? From the looks of things so far light blue is the way to go for the background. I would have thought they would blend in, glad I asked thanks for the replies!!

keno
11-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey mutt, where would one get those bulbs from GE?

Ken

fcdiscus
11-19-2002, 09:09 PM
Pure White is nice too. Frank