PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to clean sponges?

daninthesand
11-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Hi Gang.

In response to the recent post from George on cleaning sponges, I clean my sponges as little as possible! :D :D

But when I do, I found a trick that helps me do it really fast. I have around 20 sponges running at any given time, so I like to make the job easier.

I use my paint brush/paint roller spinner to do this. In case you don't know what it is I scanned a picture of mine. When I decide its time to clean a sponge I place it on the end of the spinner and spin it inside an empty 5 gallon pail. I dip it into another 5 gallon pail filled with old siphoned tank water and wet it well again. I move it back to the empty pail and spin again. No need to spin too hard since the water comes off really easy while spinning relatively slowly. Repeat this as often as you deem necessary. I do it about 3 times per sponge. It takes a few minutes to clean all my sponges.

HTH

Daniel

daninthesand
11-21-2002, 02:18 PM
The way this thing works is you place the sponge on the end as shown. Be carefull because you can damage the sponge if you are too rough sticking it in. Be gentle! ;)

Pulling the handle (on the right) in and out spins the sponge round and round. I thought I should add this in case nobody has used one before. They work great for cleaning brushes and rollers too btw!

Daniel

Oh yes, they cost around 20 bucks or so. Home depot!

11-21-2002, 07:40 PM
GREAT Idea Daniel.... :thumbsup:

My husband used to be a painter/drywaller by trade. Shoot maybe he has one of those gadgets in his shop...

Julz goes on the hunt.....

Thanks! :)