PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Mirror

Willie
11-23-2002, 07:04 PM
A group of us Simply Discus types met for the first time in October when the Minnesota Aquarium Society had its annual show. After 30 seconds of pleasantries, the conversation immediately dove deeply into the art of keeping discus. The first major discussion, I remember, was "Do you clean the tank before or after feeding?" None of us felt this was an usual topic of discussion. In retrospect, perhaps it was.

Are you obsessive about cleaning your tanks? (This may be redundant for those of us with barebottom tanks.) Is it a requirement for raising discus? What do you think?

Willie

Lynn
11-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Willie,

The majority of the time I clean my tanks after feeding.

I think clean water and tanks are just part of discus keeping, and accept it.
I don't think discus need to be kept in sterile conditions, they are tougher than most think. I do think success is more likely with cleanliness though.
Just my .02
Lynn

11-23-2002, 08:41 PM
I believe in doing nothing half a$$... Therefore I MUST be anal obsessive in all that I do. :-\
Oh well :P there could be worse.... ;)

Ryan
11-23-2002, 08:43 PM
Anal-obsessive shouldn't be capitalized, but it should be hyphenated.

Ryan ;D

Wolf
11-23-2002, 09:44 PM
I believe in doing nothing half a$$... Therefore I MUST be anal obsessive in all that I do.
Oh well there could be worse....

I'm with Julz on this one balls to the wall in everything I do. Let's see first it was golf then tennis, computers, then fishing almost everyday for 5 years now discus. All my hobbies take on a life of there own.

11-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Hahaha..... I must say that I am also ANAL in EVERYTHING that I do!!!! (Not just discus)

Pick
11-23-2002, 10:37 PM
I pretty much go hard core with whatever I'm doing too - Guitar, marriage, kids, aquariums, raquetball, Christianity, photography, astronomy, bonsai, Some others from early in life that don't deserve mention, but that I went hard core on.

Now what is the difference between anal-obsessive and anal-retentive?

TC

April
11-23-2002, 10:57 PM
yeah...before i commit to an answer...i want to know what im answering to. you mean obsessed????/that about suits me....but not sure on the anal part. just take my collections to the top. all or none.

brewmaster15
11-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Guilty Here....

Anal obsessive, not to mention compulsive, Type A personality, that often suffers from attention deficit disorder from attempting to be Anal obsessive over too many hobbies!
:)
-al

Carol_Roberts
11-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Do you wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking of what you need to do next with your discus?

Do you find repetitively cleaning your tanks everyday has a soothing effect and helps you relax?

Thank goodness we're not all serial killers ;)

Carol :heart1:

11-24-2002, 08:09 AM
Serial Killers? LMAO..... :D :D Good one Carol!

Pick
11-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, but if we were serial killers we would probably be anal perfectionists about it. LOL!

TC

April
11-24-2002, 12:02 PM
ok...well im not obsessed at all....i just like it after i did a 90 % water change....and i feel like they have nice clean water and smiling.
just changing their diapers..nice clean babies.
and a bit obsessed about collecting them.

Jeffery_Doty
11-24-2002, 12:10 PM
LOL!

What a hoot! Those that voted for "It should be capitalized," are so anal obsessive they couldn't stand to see it in lower case! And what about our friend Ryan.......and the hyphen! LOL

Oh well, throw me in there too, but only I voted on, "Anal about my discus."

Jeff
Oregon

paulmat
11-24-2002, 01:20 PM
O.K. I lied (a little) I think I'm a lil obsessive about other things I do (work,music), but I can't argue with my girlfriend,daughter,& the rest of my friends & family about the "Obsessive Discus Thing"

AND I'LL NEVER CHANGE ::)

Paul

mikeos
11-24-2002, 03:05 PM
sorry, no time to answer that, gotta go sort the fishies...............