PDA

View Full Version : angel diamonds

hunterbeav
11-23-2002, 11:17 PM
These are some angel diamonds we just got from Jeff and ty for the red Jeff and the last pic is some of our leopard ss's just starting to color up :)

hunterbeav

hunterbeav

hunterbeav

hunterbeav
11-23-2002, 11:18 PM

hunterbeav
11-23-2002, 11:18 PM

BLUEKNIGHT
11-23-2002, 11:37 PM
Really nice fish. I like the ABD a lot how much did u pay for them and how big are they. once again really nice fish. :o :o :o :o

fcdiscus
11-24-2002, 12:24 AM
Nice fish Jim, I really like that little fat one munching down a CBW! Frank :D

EthanCote.com
11-24-2002, 12:41 AM
They are just dreamy fishes Jim.

Best of luck with them.

Cheers,

Chi.

hunterbeav
11-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Blue they were $30 from Jeff and there 2 1/2 to 3 inch. Lol Frank he's a cutie ain't he, he belched after that worm !!!! Thanks Chi :)

Wolf
11-24-2002, 02:25 AM
I'm sure those blue angels will turn out nice but I REALLY like that snakeskin you have. They look like nice healthy fish.

hunterbeav
11-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Thank you wolf :)

11-24-2002, 02:16 PM
THE COLOR IS GOOD.

BUT THE SHAPES DO NOT LOOK GOOD TO ME AT ALL
ON THE ABD'S. HOWEVER THIS COULD JUST BE THE PIC.
JIM PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON THERE GROWTH.

JEFF HOW OLD ARE THESE? SORRY AM HERE TO HELP THE HOBBY AND IMPROVE THE QUALITY IN THE USA. I MEAN NO HARM TO ANYONE. I GUESS $30 IS NOT A BAD PRICE AT ALL.
JEFF TO ME THOSES DISCUS LOOK LIKE NOTHING WYANE BREEDS. THEY LOOK LIKE IMPORTS FROM MALYASIA. IME

ALSO THE EYES SEEM A LITTLE BIG LIKE THEY DID NOT GET THE BEST CARE WHEN YOUNG. JIM LOTS OF FOOD AND W/C SHOULD SNAP THEM INTO SOME OK DISCUS.
DANNY MY FRIEND IF MINE LOOK LIKE THAT PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM I HAVE NO ROOM FOR THOSE TYPES OF DISCUS :o
CARY GLD!

P.S
SORRY JEFF JIM AND DI I JUST CULL IT AS I SEE IT!
OFCOURSE YOU ALL KNOW THAT AM A VERY PICKY SON OF A !@#$% AND BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS BOTH PARTIES ARE HAPPY AND THE NEW DISCUS ARE HEALTHY. COME ON IS IT JUST ME
WHAT DO OTHERS THINK? THIS CAN BE DONE IN A NICE WAY OFCOURSE. ;D

11-24-2002, 02:35 PM
Jim,
Looks pretty stressed to me. How bout posting some pics in a couple of days when they are happy fish.

Miles :)

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 02:48 PM
The snakeskins are nice, especialy if they were $30.00 too.

Jim was happy with his purchase and price paid on the ABD. Any other comments can be made by IM. Let's' not start another war.

CArol :heart1:

Jeff
11-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Cary,

Those are from Wayne about 11 weeks old. The shape on the Angel diamond is different than his other fish. The angle diamond from the top fin to the mouth is steep. This is something he likes and is breeding in is Angel Diamonds. You might like the Super Angel Diamond as they are more traditional. These fish are still very stressed as they shipped 27+ hours and this pic was taken 8-10 hours or so later after they were put into heavy salt. The color is very washed out and the eyes looked glazed over.

However Cary I appreciate your honesty keep calling it like you see it. ;)

11-24-2002, 04:06 PM
OK JEFF,
SO I WAS RIGHT ON THE MONEY SOME WHAT BUT JIM WAS OFF BY ALOT! LoL LoL!!!!!!

SO IN THIS CASE I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY MIND NOT
ABOUT THE QUALITY BUT THE PRICE.

JIM GOOD DEAL STICKING JEFF LIKE THAT! ;D LOL! I MUST ADMIT 7 ABD AT THAT PRICE IS A FAVER FROM JEFF!

THE NEW SANTA OF DISCUS! MR JEFF!

TAKECARE'
CARY GLD!

keno
11-24-2002, 08:55 PM
I dont think I would be happy if I recieved those ABD's. I tend to be very picky about large eyes ( I really hate lg eyes) but thats just MHO.

On the other hand I really like the snakeskins, they look like they'll grow into very nice adults. ;D ;D

Ken

hunterbeav
11-24-2002, 09:16 PM
Cary what am I off on could you explain what ya mean? To all out there that have a problem with the way the fish look relax, as I'm the only one that has to be pleased with them. And Diane and I are very happy with them. :) Thank you Jeff

11-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Jim + Diana,
Really I mean No harm Am just useing Your Discus as a example. You said you paid $30 but I hear diffrent.

jim I could care less if you want to try and raise and breed them like you told me on the phone that you had planned
on doing.

Yes they are great stater discus for the price you paid for show but not to breed! I thought you were past this stage?

takecare,
cary Gld!

11-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Well they're definitely not round fish but from Jeff's explanation they aren't meant to be... or bred to be. If I received these fish & that explanation I'd be surprised given this picture of the ABD's on Jeff's site:

http://www.discusfarm.us/angeldiamond.jpg

And these fish swimming in my tanks

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//attachments/Pb230055.jpg

Jim, you're right, only you have to be satisfied with these fish. And thankfully you are. But there are people on this forum ordering fish everyday and each photo that is displayed is a potential learning experience for us all. Large eyes & oval shapes are not the accepted norm for Discus and anyone who's considering buying fish should be made aware that a specific type of Discus is being bred to enhance a "less then optimal" shape. I'd sure want to know before I bought sight unseen. And if this shape is something that the fish will grow out of and the adult pic is more indicative of what you can expect then the explanation of the breeding strategy of these fish doesn't make sense... either the picture is misleading or the explanation is.

Dave

Wolf
11-25-2002, 12:55 PM
I agree with Cary's on his assesment of those ABD but I still love those snakeskins. I just thought they were still young and might grow out of it. I am still learning how to pick out small fish. I know what a teenage or adult discus should look like now I need to work on picking out good juveniless. Thanks for telling your honest opinion Cary it helps us newbies know what to look for and expect.

Jeff
11-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Dave,

You are correct that pic needs to be updated. I will be updating my site soon and will do that. However, that is not the fish Jim bought from as I took actual pics of the fish in the tank and emailed him before he purchased. I have a copy of that Pic attached for your review. As I have told all my customers "if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase upon arrival Box it up and send it back and I will refund your money in whole including the shipping charges, but you pay to ship back to me" This has always been my policy. I also take pice of the fish and email before the purchase if they like so they can see what they are buying. I would like to point out as you said this is not the case of an unhappy customer just a learning experiance for all of us.

11-25-2002, 01:18 PM
Jeff,

Good points all around. One thing I have to point out... if you are shipping to Canada (and I don't know if you do) your return policy would be impossible to do for unhappy Canadian customers. While it is easy to receive fish from the U.S. into Canada it is not a simple matter at all to ship fish from Canada to the U.S. Just something to consider if you are shipping up North. Otherwise your business practice sounds fair to me.

Dave

Jeff
11-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey thanks Dave. I will keep that in mind. So far with taking the pics up front I have never had a customer request a refund, but I will have to keep that in mind for the future.

mench
11-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi ya Jim,I think those snakes are the worst fish I have ever seen and I also think I should take a ride to OH.and take the nasty guys off your hands.....LOL...Yep they should come and live at "Mench's home for nasty looking fish"
Not sure on the bd's at that size it's anyone call..just my opinion,which ain't worth a red cent.......
When do ya want me to come and get the snakes????????? ::) :P :P

Mench

11-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Jeff your A good guy and would recommed you to anyone!

I also like the snakes Now those babies are round!!!!!!

takeCare,
Cary Gld!

11-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Hey,
I agree with Cary on the shape of those ABDs but the color is starting to look nice! As far as the breeder's claim that those fish are bred to be like that, could anyone provide a little more information about that? Also, is that breeder on the forum and what does he say about that? It's nice to know that everyone is happy though!
Brad

Jeff
11-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi Brad,

The breeder is Wanye Ng from Wayne Discus Center in Hong Kong. His web address is www.Waynediscus.com

11-25-2002, 06:38 PM
jeff, do you know anything about if he really breeds that shape into them and if so, why?

11-25-2002, 06:55 PM
BRAD,
MANY DISCUS BREEDERS BREED FOR DIFFRENT SHAPES!
HERE ARE SOME OF THEM THAT COULD ALL BE JUDGE A GRADE BUT LOOK VERY DIFFRENT FROM EACH OTHER.

LONG SHAPED
ROUND SHAPED
HIGH BODY HIGH FIN
ROUND BODY HIGH FIN
SUPER HIGH BODY SUPER HI FIN

HTH
TAKECARE,
CARY GLD!

Jeff
11-25-2002, 07:09 PM
Brad,

He is trying to get that shape. Why I do not know exactly other than he likes it. He has worked for amost 2 1/2 years to get it whare it is today. They are very popular sellers. I sell over 50 per month both locally and a few shipped. He has another Angel Diamond called Super Angel Diamond this is a very round body and is what everyone is more use to seeing. You can see by the pic I posted earlier they are very consistant. I understand not everyone likes them. I have had a few people who have come into my hatchery and stated that they hated them. Ok don't buy them. For others they are thier favorite fish. Go figure. I guess this is why they make different shape houses and cars.

Jeff
11-25-2002, 07:34 PM
Brad,

Here is an example of Wayne's Super Angel Diamonds that I have (adults).

Denny
11-25-2002, 07:51 PM
jeff,

you have mail

denny

Toothfairy
11-25-2002, 08:03 PM
I too bought an Angel Diamond from Jeff and I am extremely pleased with both my fish and the service. Thanks Jeff!

My Angel Diamond may not win championship trophies in the future but I am in this discus thing for the sole enjoyment of the hobby.

If my Angel Diamond decides to breed in the future, so be it. Heck, ugly people are allowed to breed so why not these cuties? LOL ;D ;D ;D

Y'all have a nice day now. Peace.

Grace

11-25-2002, 09:29 PM
SO HAPPY YOUR HAPPY ;D

11-25-2002, 10:06 PM
now that's the kind of ABD i like to see Jeff!!! Feel free to send some of those my way...lol Cary...do you have any like that...i think i have another order coming up soon and i may have to grab some

brew1
11-26-2002, 01:54 AM
I think the white footballs with the big red eyes are kinda cute. ::)

However, if after viewing the pic of Waynes ABD on the website, I'd be dissapointed if these ABD didn't shape out & color up to look like the pic on the website.

I really like the Leopard Snakeskins and would like to see some future posts with their development.

Good Luck!!!

allan_mark76
11-26-2002, 06:39 PM
I like PEPSI and you like COKE.... it's all about preferance.... don't like, then don't buy it....JMHO ;D

A-