PDA

View Full Version : the perfect gift for discus nut??

boyfrndluvsdiscus
11-24-2002, 01:38 AM
HELLLLP- my boyfriend loves discus-What could I get him that he would never get himself....that would be the perfect Christmas gift??? I think he has every fish gadget imaginable...but if you have any suggestions...I'd love them.

Don_Lee
11-24-2002, 01:40 AM
Penang Discus, book, availabe at belowwater.com.

Don ;D

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 02:39 AM
Hmmm, what would I want. . . . Who's his favorite breeder? Get him a gift certificate for more discus or a gift cert for another tank.

Carol :heart1:

April
11-24-2002, 04:35 AM
First of all ...is he a member here?
if hes not....then he better be.....then he will begin drooling..then you will see what he wants!!
make notes...lol.
but yeah..carols about right. fishies will do im sure. lol.

Kagan
11-24-2002, 07:53 AM
Hi there,

I guess one of the best gifts may be one of those discus sculptures. But I really do not know how to find one.

Kagan

Richman
11-24-2002, 09:16 AM
Give him a gift certificate for more fish and then (AND MOST IMPORTANT) --- promise him that you will NEVER, NEVER,NEVER, hassle him about his fish hobby!

Mick M
11-24-2002, 10:02 AM
FISH net stockings etc....

OOPS- Sorry, just drooled over keyboard.

HA Ha!

Mick M.

DiscusKing
11-24-2002, 10:09 AM
April is right, make him drool. Trouble with your post is that it eliminates the married men discus keepers. Every BF here will be wondering if it is his GF asking for ideas... :-\ All the BFs will start being REAL nice at home. If your BF starts being REAL nice...Enjoy! ;D
P.S. GREAT JOB!

RichieE
11-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Another tank. Trust me on this one. Rich :)

korbi_doc
11-24-2002, 11:21 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Those Asian Discus books, 1 & 2 left me salivating for more, more, more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous pics that would motivate any of us that love this fish!! Saw them at the NE mtg last nite. Dottie 8) 8)

dm
11-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Is it me? Is it me?? ;D

I want that 125 gallon tank we have been talking about Honey!
I'll build the stand to help you with the cost.
(your so sweet) :D

Lynn
11-24-2002, 12:38 PM
1. More tanks and fish!!!
If you don't know what size/kind then a gift cert will do!!

2. Find out if there are any good breeders within driving distance....and take a road trip to pick out fish! If not then contact some and set up the gift cert.

3. Books...Penang Discus, Asian Discus1 &2.....I don't think any of these are available on amazon.com or B&N, so your gonna have to search.

4. If he doesn't have it already...a conductivity meter is nice too.

5. Be supportive!! We all really love that too!

HTH,
Lynn

jeep
11-24-2002, 12:47 PM
How about a digital camera so he show us his fish??? :)

georgef
11-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Oooooh... I like the idea of a conductivity meter, Lynn. :)

How about an electronic pH meter if he doesn't have one already.

My wife is getting me a Magnum 350 deluxe canister filter with the gravel-vac attachment for Christmas. ;D ;D ;D If he doesn't already have one, that would be a great gift if you ask me! ;D (Can't wait for Christmas!)

A gift certificate from a breeder is a great gift, too. Or from a LFS for more tanks, or Foster and Smith, or Big Al's, too. So are discus books as others have mentioned.

Good luck! :)

boyfrndluvsdiscus
11-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I like the idea of getting him a gift certificate...i know he just ordered some fish and they were delivered from CA, so now I have to do some snooping to figure out which dealer he bought from.

Can I buy the electric ph meter from a regular fish store--or is there some special place I need to go? ::)

DarkDiscus
11-26-2002, 10:00 AM
I agree with Rich 100%! Get him another tank! He will freak out! Make sure it's a nice big one and let him worry about filters, etc. A nice fat tank! 75 gallons sounds about right!

Of course I wish it was my wife posting this! You must be a great girlfriend!

John

georgef
11-26-2002, 10:33 AM
Can I buy the electric ph meter from a regular fish store--or is there some special place I need to go?

Well, here's one:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=6&pCatId=4482

Here's another:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId=1611771093

Sorry, but I can't recommend one or the other as I have no experience with them. I just know I'd love to have one.

Hey! Can I be your boyfriend? Wait a minute... Do you think my wife would object? ;) ;D

shootingstar
11-26-2002, 11:03 AM
buy him this handcrafted shootingstars:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=4332

11-26-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm a discus lover and the special gift I love to receive from my wife has nothing to do with fish, tanks or meters. Everyone needs a night off from their fish. Need I say more?

EthanCote.com
11-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Is there a doctor in the house? I think Bill went mad. ;)

Cheers,

Chi.