PDA

View Full Version : what are you doing with offspring

regal
11-24-2002, 06:21 PM
I can't figure it out. All I can locate are importers of discus. With all the hobbyists breeding discus you would think you could find some offspring. I don't want imported fish. Its like all these people who breed a pair or two just flush their offspring.

Carol_Roberts
11-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Where are you from? If you're from Oregon, you're sure welcome to stop by my house and pick out a few.
CArol :heart1:

mench
11-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Anyone in the Buffalo,Rochester area is more than welcome to come for a visit also,and I also have some young that I will let go for next to nothing or maybe nothing at all.Most fish stores around here don't take discus and the one that does only takes just a few. I guess I am too new at the breeding thing to just throw the little ones away.....

Mench

John_Nicholson
11-26-2002, 07:40 PM
If you are in Texas let me know. There are several of us "hobby" breeders around.

-john

FenderPbass
11-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Is there anyone who has discus near lynchburg, va? if so, and ur looking to get rid of some discus, email me at Totalchaos976@aol.com, i would love to buy some but the petstores here only have brown discus. :-\

regal
11-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I'm in SE PA. Just a mystery to me, you here about breeding discus all the time yet on Aquabid and anywhere else on the internet you just see importers. Very odd to me? I must be missing something.

DHDiscusMan
11-27-2002, 11:33 PM
A lot of the "Hobbiest" breeders just sell and trade locally. No shipping issues. There are several breeders who are not selling imports (or not very much). Try Discus Obsession, Great Lakes Discus, Rocky Mountain Discus... I'm sure there are lots of others. Not sure if Discus Dream breeds domestically but I'm sure someone will post about that one.

You sound (from your comments) like something is bothering you. Maybe you could articulate your frustration (if there is one) and someone may be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Dan