PDA

View Full Version : geo liquid!!

THEDISCUSGUY
11-24-2002, 11:03 PM
hi guys currently i am using geo liqud. have you heard of it ? it is made by a company called FLEX in Japan. it is made up entirely from natural minerals.no man made chemicals of any kind. and it says u shouldnt need to use any other chemicals because this removes all bad chemicals basically by strenghtening others that remove them , or something like that.have any of u guys heard or used this in the past ?

fcdiscus
11-25-2002, 12:23 AM
I tried something with that name years ago. Clouds the crap out of the water, then clears up and water is supposedly super- duper. I have my doubts, but I do not remember it doing any harm. Frank

THEDISCUSGUY
11-25-2002, 02:07 AM
thanx for the reply fc discus. did u use it on your discus tanks or something else?how long ago did u use it ? what procedure do u go through with ur water changes ?what chemicals and minerals do u add ?

fcdiscus
11-25-2002, 03:29 AM
Hey guy, I remember it said just add it, and it does all the rest. I added it like it said, but only to a Discus tank on rare occasion. Personally, since I change so much water in my Discus tanks, I thought it unnecessary. I do remember hearing from a very good source that it was a worthwhile product, but would probably be a failure in the marketplace because it was very expensive and made the water so cloudy. Sorry, but it was over 5 years ago, and I cannot quite remember all about it. Frank

THEDISCUSGUY
11-25-2002, 04:14 AM
yes fc discus it does cloud the water but only as long as it is working.it depends on how bad the water conditions are to how cloudy it stays , ususally not very long .the longer u use it the less time the water remains cloudy.i do heaps of water changes and ive currently got a breeding pair. wat do u know about conductivity of the water.i have a low hatch rate on the eggs , how can i measure it and bring it down to a beta level?

fcdiscus
11-26-2002, 03:31 AM
I posted under your other question. Frank