PDA

View Full Version : What does an Abscessed Tooth and Cary's Fish have in Common?

11-27-2002, 04:37 AM
Those who know me already know the answer to this question.......

Those who don't......
Well the tooth no longer occupy's my thoughts... Even the thought of that sucker getting ripped out tomorrow doesn't make me flinch.
What does? ??? Well while I lay on that dentists chair tomorrow, Cary's fish will have landed at the MSP airport and will be waiting less than a mile away (thank goodness) to be picked up and brought to their ever waiting home of 2 months. Fortunately my 15yr old Daughter, and boyfriend :P will be ready and able to drive (oh dear) :-\ in the event that the laughing gas has me far more impaired than my beer. :o

Thanks so much........
My friend, Ryan in the education of the emergency "fish" kit. (I am such a virgin) :P I believe I am armed and ready under the circumstances. ;)

Sue and Cary..... For putting up with my endless phone calls....

And...... My Loving Hubby.... for allowing me more FISHIES (er uh honey... I forgot to mention........ more are on the way in Janurary... Julz runs to the corner)....

Now I must go and hit the refresh button for Fed Ex tracking AGAIN. The 100th time this hour ::) ::) ::)(note the time, as I will not sleep a wink tonight)

More to come......
Julz...

April
11-27-2002, 04:47 AM
Hee Hee. hope all goes well....at the dentist and the airport.
no wonder your awake.
it gets easy after the 12th shipment of fish....

11-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Ask your dentist to give you a bagfull of N2O to calm down your excitement before opening the box. Don't stay up too late watching them. Take some pic. It will be beautiful. Have a nice day.
Jimmy.

DarkDiscus
11-27-2002, 09:28 AM
Julz,

Enjoy the fish!

Hope you feel better. I'm thinking the fish will help with that!

John

korbi_doc
11-27-2002, 09:41 AM
:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: Hey Julz, what better way to bring in a holiday than welcoming new fish to watch!! Who's gonna do the cookin' while you tend the new school???

Hope your dentist visit is short & painless!! Have fun with your new babies!!!!! Dottie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
p.s. post pics, wanna see'm!!!

Tyler
11-27-2002, 09:48 AM
LOL Julz,
Sorry to hear about the dentist...i hate the dentist :-X . Great news about the fish though, I'm sure they'll be awesome!!!
Good luck, have fun!

Tyler

Denny
11-27-2002, 10:07 AM
hey julz,

if your hands are full, i am sure you could have them diverted to myself, willie, linda or weezy. and if it would help you recover faster then i think it would be well worth it. i can send you my forwarding address.

;D
denny

p.s. sounds like you had better cook up a little something special for the hubby this week! :o

brewmaster15
11-27-2002, 10:12 AM
New Fish from Cary.... Now thats a truly beautiful thing! Talk about a Happy Thanksgiving! :) Mega congrats to you Julz!

-al

Tim_Ellis
11-27-2002, 04:04 PM
I feel your pain. I just had a root canal yesterday. OUCH! Just wish I had some goodies from Cary comming in like you.

Tim

RandalB
11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Julz,
Good luck with the babies and better luck with the codeine and beer.

RandalB

11-27-2002, 05:40 PM
awww I want some now!! :'(

congrats Julz & Cary

11-27-2002, 06:32 PM
WOW... :o :o

Thanks everyone for your concern and congrats....

Well was quite the day, I must say.....
The mouth is very sore (novocaine now 100% wore off.) And the babies are settling very nice. Cary's packing is truely awesom. He sent 6 Gold Marlboro's, and surprized me with 2 Spotted Snakeskins, 2 tetra's, and 2 of his very own pleco's...(did I remember correctly, Cary?) All have had their 1st meal of CBW's and I swear they are Piranha's in Discus clothing.

Sorry I am not feeling very creative with my words. All I can say is my 1st experience with receiving fishies was a rip-off ONLY because the sore mouth took all the excitement away. Am very glad I got to see them before the procedure, or there would have been no excitement at all. I will give them another day to settle and post pics... By then my excitment will really show....

I just love them Cary!. Thank you so much!.... I do hope this post doesn't come off as sounding I am displeased.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.... Hubby came down with the flu today so I guess I am cooking after all. We will all be having puree'd Turkey here..... *grin... *ouch....

Julz :-X

Al_M.
11-27-2002, 06:58 PM
Hi Julz
Just received 16 red melons for Cary myself today, they are still getting used to the water parameters. It must have been A good day to ship to Minnesota huh? Maybe I'll try to post some pics. later to.
Al M.

April
11-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Julz......glad the new babies came and all went well. although i knew it would...
and glad that big bad tooth is gone . now....you better get it all healed by tomorrow....for that pureed turkey. LOL.
it may be tender...but at least its a healing tender now instead of an infected owie.
when the fishies are all smiling....we really will need pics of these guys.

11-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Pril Thanks!...

Feeling better today. Out with the Codeine in with the Percaset (damn where is that medical dictionary?).... :-\

Babies too are doing well. They are still not ready to pose pretty tho. Want to give them a couple more days. They are extremely healthy and eating well, but very skittish of their new momma. A few more feedings of CBW's I am sure will do the trick. :thumbsup:
Oh... and an update on Jeff Doty's babies... All three are also doing well, and are really starting to beg big time..... I am pleased with their progress....l..... :) :)

Al M.... Good to hear you got you RM's OK. Cary told me he also shipped to you and Paul. (Paul, how are yours? What did ya get? Sharing..... ;))

Tim... How is the tooth? Yeah root canals aren't much fun either. Especially when the Dentist tells you the same tooth will need another. "Oh NO!" Out it went.....

Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE (even the Canuks.. lol) I truely love this forum. Everyone is soooo warm and caring..... And again thanks so much for you thoughts...! It means so much.....

Oh... one more thing. Cary sounds really bad. I harped on him quitting smoking (yes I do too!) so will be sending him the Nicotrol Inhaler to try out, as it did work for me before all the trouble. Sue promised she would make him try it. I say we should all give him that added shove.... Whatcha think? ;)

Got to get pureeing... hee hee..... ::) ::)

Julz :)

paul_burney
11-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Julz
I got 4 BD and 4 Marlboro Red x Melon cross and Cary threw in 2 Tang for me also :)
guess him being sick he cant count right ::) ::) hope the empty hole in your mouth feels better. :) And yes QUIT SMOKING CARY :whip: :whip: :whip:
Paul