PDA

View Full Version : Multi test dip strip?

Tin Pusher
11-27-2002, 08:03 PM
I have heard talk of a dip strip type test that tests for multiple parameters on one strip. ie pH, Nitrite & Nitrate. I am not sure if this is the combination but I would be interested in hearing what is out there. Any opinions appreciated.
Thanks

RandalB
11-27-2002, 11:26 PM
There are several available including ones that test most parameters on one strip. The most common ones will test Ph only and Ammonia/Nitrite on the same strip. I've also seen ammonia/nitrate/nitrite on the same strip. Gh/Kh are also available. Some home improvement stores sell a complete water test strip package that will also give you hardness Gh/Kh and iron/copper/chlorine on the same strip. I've found the strip tests to be much more expensive than other types (Dry Chemical/Liquid) and somewhat less accurate.

Hope this helps,
RandalB

Ivan
11-28-2002, 08:09 AM
A Dutch(I think) company called eSHa make a test strip. In one tub you get 25 test strips of ph, gh, kh, nitrite and nitrate. I cut them in half and use them for a quick reference, just to see how my water is behaving. I carryout dropper test to confirm. It isn't very accurate, but they will let me know quickly if something is wrong!
Ivan

Tin Pusher
11-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Thanks Ivan but I cannot seem to find this product either at lfs or online in North America.
Thanks RandalB, I will check out Home Depot today. I will keep your advice about accuracy in mind also.