PDA

View Full Version : Orlando FL????

Dkarc@Aol.com
11-29-2002, 07:40 PM
hi,
I was just wondering if there are any breeders in the Orlando area besides myself.

sparky7
12-20-2002, 02:19 PM
We live in orlando and haven't been able to find any breeders, what kind do you breed? We ended up ordering online for lack of decent fish locally........

roger
01-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Hello Sparky7, Dkarc

Im out in deltona which is between Orlando and Daytona Beach. I dont know of any major breeders here locally, I ended up getting my via mailorder or by driving to Miami.

If you dont mind the drive which is about 4 hours you can visit Wattleys discus and pick up your own and there and you can also grab some nice wild discus from several other places down that way.

Peace,
Roger

thirston
02-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Where abouts in Miami did you find wild discus? Anywhere you could reccomend? I'm heading to Wattleys in a week or two and wouldn't mind making the most of the trip. I'm here in Orlando.

roger
02-11-2003, 08:55 AM
What day are you planning on heading down to Miami ?

There is a good chance that Im going to be driving down that way in about 10 days. This weekend is for taking care of local stuff, and Im also trying to see about a trip to clearmont to visit someone who breeds out there.

In Miami the person with the nicest wild fish is Alberto, hands down.

I would call down to Wattleys before you go to see what they have available. I would expect him to have Blue Diamonds, Snoflakes, Alenqurs, Marlboro Reds and some others that slip the mind. He should also be close to some of the fry he had being large enough.

If you want you can stop by my place and take a look at both domestic and wild discus that I have gotten from down there. Just PM me or drop me some email.

Peace,
Roger

thirston
02-11-2003, 12:27 PM
I was thinking I would head down there Wednesday the 19th or that weekend. I have already spoken to Gabriel at Wattleys and have an idea of what'll be there. I'm just starting out with Discus and would be looking for a few pandas, leopards, striated or the like. I'm not much fond of the solids except maybe some of the reds and oranges. Who's this Alberto character? Nice guy? Nice fish? I may be picking up some stuff wholesale for a local shop as well while I'm there so I'd love a company name, address or whatever you could provide so I can plan a little in advance.

thanks in advance,
-A

thirston
02-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, I met with Roger from Deltona and we went Discus shopping. Now I know another local fish fan. There are several people who frequent my shop here in Orlando who keep for fun and/or breed discus. I'll make it a point to direct them to this site in case they have never seen it and maybe we can gather up a few more people to trade with. As soon as my algae dies off I'll try to post some pics of the fish I purchased earlier this week.

roger
02-20-2003, 08:11 PM
I think people are going to flip when you do get the pictures posted.

I had a great time, specially since I didnt drive :)

We shopped and filled up just about all the available space in the car.

thirston
03-03-2003, 02:53 AM
here are some pics of the fish I got recently

thirston
03-03-2003, 02:54 AM
another...

by the way, how do I post multiple pics in one message?

thirston
03-03-2003, 02:55 AM
last one for now...

bryalk1
07-05-2003, 06:21 AM
i didn't know so many others were into discus here in orlando. i'm in apopka and have made a few trips with roger. to clearwater and miami. andrew which is your pet shop? any others locally? i'm in apopka but work fernpark and sanford. bryant

roger
07-05-2003, 07:23 AM
His shop is off forsythe and university, though for the life of me I can never remember its name.

thirston
07-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Ocean Blue Aquarium on the corner of University and Goldenrod.

Smokeman
08-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Just beginning with discus and live in Palm Bay...like so many others I seem to be having difficulty finding any local breeders and dealers. Glad to see someone in the Orlando area rather than making the drive to Miami. Anyone know of any breeders or dealers on the East Coast??

nowings
08-31-2003, 02:12 PM
hey smokeman,

I also live in palm bay. Where are you???

Nancy

bryalk1
10-14-2003, 09:40 PM
hi,
its nice to see so many people in the area into discus. i think roger posted about starting a club. there is a fish farmer who has discus that he wants to get rid of he is east of st. cloud name is aubry. he had some decent ss, bd and others. he will be happy to show you or talk your ear off. he closing farm due to health reasons. phone 4079579448 or 4079571888. he will show the fish and deal. also hgas rams, some plecos and others as well as supplies.
good luck
bryant