PDA

View Full Version : OK, my pair spawned again today......

Steve_Warner
12-01-2002, 03:28 AM
Hi all,
I need some advice, please. My pair has spawned again and I want to remove the pot and eggs to hatch out in a separate tank. Should I leave the eggs in the tank they are in now with the parents and wait for them to hatch, then move them.....or move them now? I'm having issues with fry deaths due to pH, I believe, and will be putting them into a small tank with higher pH & cond. Opinions?

Steve

fcdiscus
12-01-2002, 03:41 AM
Steve if you want to hatch and raise them artificially, I think you should take them out now. I have never raised artificially, but those who do put Blue in the water with the eggs. Good luck, and check with Al tomorrow! Frank

paulmat
12-01-2002, 04:27 AM
Steve
You should move them before they hatch,regardless wether your keeping them with the parents, or not. IMO

Paul :guitarist:

12-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Steve,
You can play around by taking then about 4 hrs after they are layed but raising them on your own is a nightmare... it takes too much of your time the first couple of weeks.... if you miss one feeding during the first few days you will start to loose the fry.... let the parents get it right and eventually you can sit and enjoy watching it rather than making the hobby your work... unless otherwise you want to experiment with them.... check jim quarels or wattleys book.... IMO Bing Seto had the best artificial raising technique... it will require to feed them every 2-3 hours with the egg formula for the first few days....