PDA

View Full Version : White Worm Cultures--Sources?

Tin Pusher
12-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Good idea Brew!
Wanted White Worms. I live in Vancouver Canada but have a mailing address in the US. April and other closet Vancouverites you got worms? You want worms? :P

aloha_discus
12-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Aloha Tin Pusher, I E-mailed The Bug Farm today, and they have starter cultures for $5 plus $20 shipping. I to am interested in whiteworm cultures to fatten up some wilds that were given to me by someone who could not care for them properly :(. They are ,so he says Blue Medieras and three peruvian greens.

I ask again are there anyother places to get whiteworm cultures ???? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Mahalo, Ike & Anne ;D

Lynn
12-07-2002, 09:39 AM
I have ordered from the bug farm, and was happy with my culture.
May have to get some more, I think mine froze in the garage!

I never tried this place, but I believe they have WW too.
http://www.lfscultures.com/

HTH
Lynn

wildthing
12-07-2002, 12:34 PM
I had to register to post this info for you .....lfscultures may well rip you off...I have been in dispute with them ( through my credit card) for more than 6 months now because they couldn't provide me with $100 of live white worms...twice sending me mite infested pots of earth with maybe a dozen worms. They then accused me of lying & refused to replace the doa or refund money. They are also very over priced. They are ( because of this dispute & lfs' trash attitude) about to lose their american express access if they haven't already.
just thought you should know...this is all real & my own personal bad experience from them.
Go with anyone else but them.

David Webber
http://wilddiscus.com

Lynn
12-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Thanks DW! 8)

aloha_discus
12-08-2002, 03:05 AM
Mahalo also David ;D

Rod Coleman
12-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Hi Folks,

I have white worms thriving in my earthworm culture bin which I started from a compost pile rich in horse manure. When I add too much vegetable waste to the worm bin the conditions get fairly fetid and the white worms swarm up the sides. I've started a separate culture in potting mix but they are fairly slow to build up in really large numbers. Getting occasional feeds from them though.

Not being a white worm expert I assume that's what they are - anyway the fish love 'em :D

Regards

Rod

April
12-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Tin Pusher. a guy at the vancouver aquarium club has a huge culture. bart.
or...noahs pet ark has cultures you can start.
on broadway and macdonald.

Tin Pusher
12-09-2002, 01:34 AM
Already tracked down Bart and he gave me a culture. Thanks anyways. How are the little ones April?

April
12-09-2002, 02:15 AM
great tin pusher. glad you got your white worms.
my little ones are coming along. lost some..but got some doing fine.
i posted pics in general of the babies under cute little baby manas set sail.2nd and 3rd page