PDA

View Full Version : not fish (hunting pics, not for the squeamish)

hunterbeav
12-03-2002, 11:51 PM
sorry animal lovers but I do eat them !! :)

12-04-2002, 12:00 AM
you should hang 'em higher....they're still low enough to the ground for a dingo or some thing to drag them away.... :antlers:

fcdiscus
12-04-2002, 12:41 AM
:thumbsdown:

Richman
12-04-2002, 01:40 AM
Great! Looks like you will have plenty meat. I have gotten a couple myself and still have almost three weeks to go and then muzzleloading. Saving the hearts this year and intend to try them in my beefheart (deer heart) recipe.

hunterbeav
12-04-2002, 01:49 AM
Cool Richard I messed up and somehow didn't even think of keeping the hearts dang nab it!!!! Well we can both take 5 more deer each so muzzleloader and bow season may be my chance at more hearts ::)

12-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Good job jim!! :thumbsup:

But.....where's the bucks :antlers: ??

I know...the one in the back is a buck....he doesnt count though ;D

Tony

Mattzilla
12-04-2002, 09:54 AM
>:(

beta
12-04-2002, 10:38 AM
Thats a little tooooooooooooooo bad! :'(

Ivan
12-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Whats wrong with a guy catching his own food. Least it was just one one shot (hunter, I trust you have a steady aim) from a gun and not a poor dolphin caught in trawler nets off the west coast of England!!
And at least he didn't club the thing to death, enjoy your mealS Hunter!
Ivan

fcdiscus
12-04-2002, 01:20 PM
Personally, I do not mind the hunting part, but I do not need to see two dead deer cut open on a fish forum. >:( JMO, Frank

keno
12-04-2002, 01:32 PM
I agree with Frank, probably not the kind of picture that belongs on this forum. While I have no problem with hunting for ones own food, I think some others may take offense to that picture and some courtesy should be exersized here. But JMHO

Ken

12-04-2002, 01:42 PM
Well Jim..

I do know how you men (most anyway) love to hunt. So congrats on your kill. But .... from a womens stand point (most anyway) poor Bambies Momma and big brother..... :'(

I personally love deer meat, but would rather just see it cooked. And I definetly couldn't shoot one. Too beautiful in the wild. :antlers:

At least it isn't Discus hanging. :P

jsojda
12-04-2002, 01:54 PM
I'd like some stew, and sausages and jerkey please! ;D ;D ;D

P.S. and feel free to throw in a few of your fish too! ;D

Ivan
12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
AHH therre's plenty more of them. It's when people start killing dolphins 'cos they are trapped in nets the gets me. Or when people catch sharks lop off their fins then throw 'em back. Or when people tie rockets to cats tails on bonfire night then light them for the "buzz" of watching a cat fly down the street backwards whilst burning to death! I understand the point of view but get it into perspective.
Ivan

hunterbeav
12-04-2002, 03:10 PM
For all of you offended by the pic i'm sorry I posted it while in chat to show a few fellow hunters our sucess. David posted a replay before I could delet it. So if the admid wants to delet it please do I'm not here to piss people off SORRY!! :'(

mench
12-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Whats wrong with a picture of a perfectly natural thing like hunting.How the hell do ya all think our forefathers put food on the table???Go down to the local Pilgrim super duper meat market...I think not...Hunting for the meat is ok with me,although it is eaiser for me to go to the meat market and get it already cut and wrapped,but thats just me.Nice job Hunter....

Mench

DarkDiscus
12-04-2002, 04:15 PM
I will add that I recently had a meal at a nearby restaurant that ranks in my top 5 of all time - braised venison - it was prepared wonderfully and I was extremely impressed.

Since I'm not aware of farm raised deer, I certainly can't criticize Jim's hunting hobby.

John

PS. You could put a warning in the title next time for the squeamish, Jim...

Aquatic_Design
12-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone ;D
I live in a part of the country where whitetail deer are considered a pest because they are just too numerous. I have no problem with someone who hunts for meat and as a vet tech I am far from squeamish but I see no purpose in showing those photos on this forum.
I know we all have other hobbies but I feel those photos are unnecessary. :-\
JMO
Donna

limige
12-04-2002, 04:53 PM
donna were do you live, i think i need to visit and take care of that problem!!

mench, you should've put something in the subject such as hunting success or something so that some people with weaker stomachs could decide if that was something they wanted to see.

with that said, i wish i had pics....i shot a spike on the second day! yeah me, my second deer with antlers in 13 years of hunting, lol. my other was a 6 point.

still waiting for dat terdy pointer.

Wolf
12-04-2002, 06:38 PM
No need to apologise :antlers:. Nice deer :thumbsup:. The sensative types can just pass on it but I' m willing to bet not one of them is a vegetarian. Oh well down here in Texas there are too many deer and they end up dieing of disease and other health problems. I love fried backstrap and I'll take it any day over a hormoned cow you get at the local grocery store.

goldengatediscus
12-04-2002, 07:07 PM
I have nothing against hunting, but some people may not like seeing a deer cut open. Heck, some people don't even like to see sausages being made. How about moving this to "You Talking to Me?" category?
Brigitte

12-04-2002, 07:47 PM
What is it??.....the nasty insides :puke: that turn people off??

Is this anymore tasteful?.....he's just sleeping.....really. ;D

12-04-2002, 08:49 PM
personally it doesn't bother me....i think what some were saying was a warning might've been a good idea, so that people that don't want to look at a picture of a dead, gutted deer hanging from the rafters wouldn't happen upon something labelled in a very general manner as "not fish"...."not fish" is pretty much....well....EVERYTHING other than fish....lol!! ;D
just my $0.03 Can.

12-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Jim,

I feel that this is a great thread, and am glad David posted before you could delete. Yes, maybe it should be in Who's Talking for those who have a weak stomach, but there too it will be viewed. Where does it say that the Photo section if for Fish only? But, I will bring it up in Area 51 for a consensus due to the fact that I am not a Mod here, and can not move it.

Congrats again... I can tell you are proud. ;)

Julz :)

Ralph
12-04-2002, 10:26 PM
Wolf, there is a vegetarian out here. Strangely though I don't have a problem with hunters as long as they use what they kill. It's people who eat meat and live in some kind of denial about where it comes from that I wonder about.

Denny
12-04-2002, 10:32 PM
ralph

it could have not been said better :thumbsup:

denny

Richman
12-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Great thread. I believe that venison has a higher protein content per volume than beef. I always cut mine up because the commercial processors have no idea and ruin it. The cuts in the lower front shoulders and especially below the knees are tough as a boot. I'm thinking of trying some in place of beefheart. Just to see how the fish eat it. I usually put it all in jerky. Huntman, make sure you save them hearts, and I hope you get a couple more!!!!

hunterbeav
12-04-2002, 11:52 PM
Well thanks to some, and to the others all I can say is I'm sorry the pic offends you. It was not posted for that purpose!! Peace to all

12-05-2002, 01:10 AM
Jim...

This thread is stayin, just where you bore it... lol ;)

Consensus has it.

Love the update to the title, you are in full control as the owner.....

12-05-2002, 03:00 AM
Man is a preditor pure and simple. Buying a package of chicken breasts at the market or shooting deer. No difference in the right vs wrong debate in my opinion. Congratulations on your successful hunt and enjoy your harvest.

hunterbeav
12-05-2002, 03:18 AM
Thank you OHHH WISE friend :) And just to let you know my wife killed the back deer !!

limige
12-05-2002, 08:52 AM
well congrats to da wifey too!!!

hehe, it's kinda funny sometimes what some people take offense to, where it's common stuff for others.. just think what those others would think about watching you gut it much less doing it!! lol

ralph i totally agree about people being in denial where their food comes from. i think these anti-hunter types are some sick people. we wouldn't be here today if hunting weren't kept alive throughout the ages. it's part of our ancenstory deeper than what religion we are or race for that matter. people seem to think we are too evolutionalized for such a thing now but they are some blind people. i strongly believe it is one of our god given rights and despise the dnr for such a poor job with wildlife management. they have killed mich. deer population in a huge way and scared half the city people that would eat venison from doing so now.

anyway, i realized i'm rambling, i'm going to bed.

mench
12-05-2002, 10:37 AM
Ok I will amend my statement,the pics could have be shot with the insides facing the back so weaker stomach people wouldn't have to see it....

Tony,nice looking buck

They just had a peice in our local fish wrapper that a guy out here got a 22 ,yep I said 22 point buck,they figured he was about 12 yrs old...

Mench

Jeff
12-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Now I see. While your fish are spawning you are off looking for meat. Good job. ;)

hunterbeav
12-05-2002, 01:39 PM
LOL thanks Jeff ;D I'm just a born heart breaker & life taker !! :o

12-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Oh come on. Now those that don't want to see a bloody carcass are sick people and in denial etc. I guess the best defence is an offence. There are lots of things that may be common to some and disgusting to others. I take a crap every day, many times, you all do. Anyone wanna see pics of my last movement? Much less wipe my *** when I'm done? It's very common... no takers? I don't care about pics of dead deer, I don't turn my head when I see one on the side of the road and could care less if you all want to go out and bag your limit. But some people don't come to a fish board to look at dead animals hanging from the rafters... big deal. The next time someone asks how to euthanize a fish I guess I'll just tell them that fish die every day, big deal, take the fish out of the tank with some tongs, hang it on a string on the wall and throw darts at it while it flips about. Why not? This thread is outta hand in my opinion. A couple of frowny faces and "a little toooo bad" and the NRA gang comes out and jumps in with both feet. Lighten up, go kill all the animals you want, post the pics here and if someone speaks up and says they don't care much for that pic then just ignore it. How hard can that be? This is ridiculous.

Dave

hunterbeav
12-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Ahhhhhhhh come on Dave don't hold back lol tell us how you really feel it's ok :)

12-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Jim, have you ever known me to hold back?

12-05-2002, 03:22 PM
OK now I am laughing....... (Was truning blue for a minute there.)

jim_shedden
12-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Jimbo (Rambo)......... :jester: I have a problem and you are the guy to solve it. You see I have this big bad-a$$ black bear that has the habit of getting into my cottage in early May. Now he doesn't knock.....he just goes in through a wall. This puppy is about 550 pounds (really), thats no bull-$chiit. It may be bear-$hcitt though....... ;D. For 3 years now I have been threatening him with harm........from a long distance. When I get to the cottage this spring and the north wall has been removed I am calling you ..................you are the guy!!!!!! You know what they don't like? Pepper Spray.........not a good weapon..........I won't do that again.
My son asked me the other day : He said "Dad, if you and mom where being chased by a bear what would you do? I pondered the question for a moment (not a long moment) and then said "I'd trip her stupid". Actually, my ex and I are very close (but not that close)... ;D. I will call you in May.

Jim

nalah
12-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Brings back memories of my dad coming home from a hunt,with his faithful dog...

Deer,rabbits,Kangaroos.... whether killed for food or because they are pests,it does not really matter. what does matter is the way these animals are killed.

Whats wrong is when gun-mad lunatics start shooting at anything and only lame them and play cat-mouse games... thats cruel.We have idiots that do that to the kangaroos. and its these people that give hunters a bad wrap.

So,IMO.nothing wrong with killing your own meat. At least you know where its been and whos hands have touched it.

12-05-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm with ya Pascale.....

Same holds true to cyclists. There are so many maniacs out there that they give us putters a real bad rap.
I once went on a small road trip (by myself), and had a semi nearly wear me and my bike as his new hood ornament. :o All because he hated bikers. >:( Scared the you-know-what outa me. Needless to say I now travel in packs only.

Jim S. hmmmm I have a special place for you when you get outa line. To the cabin young man.... Just you and your friend Yogi.... lol ;D ;D ;D

Richman
12-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Just one last thing, Jim

Noticed that you are an experienced hunter. Can tell by the way you put your deer in the foreground to make it look bigger and your wife's behind to make it look smaller. You probably have her fooled, but if she knew she would probably kick your a$$. Hate to spill the beans, but you can't slip that kind of treachery past an old pro. LMAO

daninthesand
12-06-2002, 12:43 AM
That's not very nice!... making comments about somebody's behind!
;D

I just had to post this. That was an open door for a one liner if EVER I saw one. Sorry could not pass it up!

LMAO

Daniel

Richman
12-06-2002, 01:03 AM
Good one, Dan!!
Never apologize for a good hit!
I need to proofread how I word things. LOL

daninthesand
12-06-2002, 01:06 AM
Richard, you can't go back and alter the post now! It would ruin the joke!

No don't do it! Nooooooo

Daniel

;D ;D

Some of the content of this post reminds me of a joke....

This guy comes home early one day and calls to his wife," HONEY, I'm home!"

He waits, but no response. So he goes upstairs to change out of his work clothes and he sees his wife in the bathroom, buck naked (no pun intended) in front of the mirror. She does not see him at first and he observes her rubbing a couple of sheets of toilet paper gently over her breasts.

"What the heck are you doing?!" He asks. A bit startled and embaressed that she had been caught in this predicament, she calmly states,
"Oh be quiet. I saw on television today that you can increase the size of your breasts by doing this every day. So I thought I'd give it a try."

Rolling his eyes, ::) he says to her,

"Well you just never know, it might work. It sure worked on your ***!!!"

Daniel

limige
12-06-2002, 08:57 AM
hey jim thats something else, tell you what, it would have taken me once to have my cabin ruined, the next time, da bear would've been dinner.

let me know if you have that problem, i'll borrow my brother's 7mm mag. and come visit, lol. btw i get to take home some discus right!

hunterbeav
12-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Lol Richard shhhhhhhhhh.............. my wife may see you caught me and want me to switch the dang deer around for more pics :) ok now you started it JOKES !!!! .................................................. ................These 2 guys are out golfing one day. As there teeing off on #3 hole there are 2 women in front of them playing really slow. So the one guy says I'll ride up and ask them if we can play through. As he's about to get to them he turns and comes back. The other guy says what was that about? The guy say thats my wife and mistress up there so I couldn't let them see me. The other guy says let me do it, so he takes off down the fairway, just before he gets to them he turns and comes back looks at the other guy and says SMALL WORLD ain't it !!!!!!

hunterbeav
12-06-2002, 12:13 PM
ok ok 1 more......................... Lone Ranger and Tonto fall asleep.
>> > Some hours later, The Lone Ranger wakes his faithful friend. "Tonto,
>>look
>>up
>> > at the sky and tell me what you see."
>> > Tonto replies, "Me see millions of stars."
>> > "What does that tell you?" asks The Lone Ranger.
>> > Tonto ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me
>>that
>> > there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
>> > Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Chronologically, it
>> > appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's
>>evident
>> > the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
>> > Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
>> > What it tell you, Kemo Sabi?"
>> > The Lone Ranger is silent for a moment, then speaks: "Tonto, you
>> > dumb-***...someone has stolen our tent!!!!

jim_shedden
12-06-2002, 12:37 PM
In Algonquin Park which is in Ontario the game warden was telling campers how to avoid any problems with bears. He first stated that you want to make sure that you do not surprise them. He recommended that you wear bells on your ankles so that they can hear you coming. He also said that it is a good idea to eat a lot of garlic so that the bears can smell you from a distance because bears apparently hate garlic. The other bit of wisdom he wanted to pass along to the campers was how to spot bear sign. He said if you come across a pile of $chit in the forest that has bells in it and smells like garlic there is probably a bear around. :-X

jim

12-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Love the jokes Guys..... Really! ;)

But.... was wondering Jim, if you wouldn't mind me moving this to "You Talking to Me?" now.... After all there are no more Photo's of dead stuff being posted...... LOL ;D ;D ;D Besides I need the practice, never used that button before..... Whatcha think? :-\

12-06-2002, 02:47 PM
More dead stuff

12-06-2002, 02:48 PM
another

12-06-2002, 02:50 PM
lmao.... ;)

OK I can take a hint....

:)

jim_shedden
12-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Julz : Worlds Worst Hunting Dog...............I know its not dead stuff but it is hunting related............ :bounce:

Jim

12-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Now thats a coon hound.... LOL

Wolf
12-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Hilarious jokes and I love that pick. I guess that is a true coon dog. ;D

12-06-2002, 05:11 PM
OMG.... :o :o :o :o

Now I'm rollin......

Richman
12-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Mike,

Awesome buck!!!! udaman!

12-06-2002, 08:24 PM
what was this thread about again???!! ::) oh yeah!! inter-species sexual relations... :o :o
is it just me??? or does that dog look like he/she is ENJOYING that little encounter??? :inquisitive: :noway: :funny:

hunterbeav
12-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Wow thats too funnie lol. Nice deer mike way to go :)

TheDiscusKid
12-07-2002, 01:44 AM
Way to funnie lol :) . Congrats on the deers Jim and Mike. :)