PDA

View Full Version : Advice please...

ChloroPhil
12-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi folks,

A friend of mine is giving me a runty pair of red turquoise to grow out. What are the best foods and conditions for me to use to get the best growth and color for the fish? I'm not interested in making my own mixtures or growing live food other than brine shrimp.

The fish are probably around 5-7 months old and have had a hard time competing with some of the other, larger, discus in their current home. They're going into a bare bottom/ pot planted 20g (high) with a temp around 86*F, KH of 1, GH of 2, and a pH of 6.6-6.4. Aside from the potted plants I plan on having some floaters and hope to have daily 25% WC so water-borne nutrients shouldn't be a problem.

Anything else I should know? I'm not out to attain maximum growth or breeding condition. I just want to re-habilitate a pair of potentially beautiful fish for eventual housing in a planted display aquarium.

Thanks,

Phil
Charlotte, NC

12-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Hey,
I posted to your question under foods and nutrition so look there. And since you live near me, if you don't want to make your own food, i could sell you some beefheart that I make.
Brad