PDA

View Full Version : medicinals conversions...

brewmaster15
12-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi all,
I was recently asked by someone for some conversion for teaspoon to grams on flubendazole and dimetronidazole. I checked some good references and came up with some values. Which as it turns out were not that accurate.

I should have done this a long time ago, guess its best to test everything yourself.... I just measured 1/2 teaspoon of flubendazole and dimetronidazole.

the conversion is

1/2 teaspoon flubendazole is approximately 1.44 Grams
1/2 teaspoon dimetronidazole is approximately 1.73 grams

These values are based on a level, unpacked, 1/2 teaspoon as used in cooking, and are not considered accurate measuring devices!

HTH,
al

if anyone else out there can measure in grams, or mgs I would appreciate it you would measure it out as above and post your values. Then we can take the average of several and see what it is.

Francisco_Borrero
12-11-2002, 11:20 AM
That's great Al.
I no longer have access to precision scales, but would like to request that you find time to do similar determinations for Praziquantel and Metronidazole (not dimetro).
Thanks & cheers, Francisco.

brewmaster15
12-11-2002, 11:34 AM
will do! :)
-al

12-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Hey Al!!!!

One of my questions/ideas actually paid off for a change...lol

kjmillerfw
08-15-2003, 03:06 PM
I have access to a VERY precise gram counter here at work in our soils lab. If someone wants something measured, they could mail me a sample and I'd be more than happy to measure it for them and give a report.

You can IM me for an address.

Kathy

CAGE-RATTLER
02-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Anyone ever do the measurements for Metronidazole powder (preferably the seachem powder)??

That lil tiny spoon at 100 mg each is a PITA

I tried to figure out how much was in a 1/2 tspn or whole tspn but without a good gram scale ..... it was impossible.