PDA

View Full Version : re:Dave_C frozen food

12-11-2002, 03:31 PM
This is going to seem like a biased posting because Dave is a friend of mine. But I'd like to encourage more people who buy frozen food to order from Dave. From what I've seen of other prices on the net, his prices are cheaper, and depending on how much you order, the prices drop down a little more and include freight. Not to mention, how many of these other people who sell frozen food are active members of the forum posting regularly and sharing their knowledge??

JMO...thank-you :)

p.s. who else has bought frozen food from dave and is satisfied??

Cormorant
12-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Dave is my source of frozen food as well. Great person to deal with / great prices, what else can you ask for.
Here is his website
http://members.shaw.ca/dclubine/master.htm

Albert

daninthesand
12-11-2002, 04:55 PM
I've bought frozen Hikari bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp and some frozen Mysis shrimp from Dave. No problems whatsoever. Prices are very good as well. Luckily I do not have to have the food shipped to me since i live a few minutes away. :)

Daniel

fcdiscus
12-11-2002, 05:54 PM
I would if I could store his minimums. I ordered Meds from Dave when he used to offer them, and they were top quality, and I know he put some extra in the bag! Frank

Barb Newell
12-12-2002, 12:04 AM
I've ordered frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp and mysis from Dave. Always excellent service, excellent quality, excellent packing, excellent prices, very reliable...

By the way, he also ships very nice fish :o. I got some of his golds a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately one little one died the second day I had it, blockage or something. I let Dave know and even though the guarantee was that the "fish would arrive alive" he kindly sent me two more golds to replace the one that died. They were very well packed, he put a lot of care into it, there were heat packs in the box, the water was nice and warm and very clean smelling. The fish came out of their shipping bags looking very good, nice and yellow. The box was well sealed, bags dry. The fish are spectacular, I will have pics in a couple of weeks. They are very clean, very round and very sweet.

Dave has always been helpful and takes the time to explain things thoroughly. He sends pics of the fish he has for sale and then you pick yourself. I'd order from him again.

Thanks Dave,

Barb

12-14-2002, 02:49 PM
ditto frank

Dave...lower your minimums and i think your sales would increase

12-14-2002, 05:15 PM
I used to have 10lbs as a minimum and found that at that weight it didn't take long for the product to start to thaw. I ship to the U.S. using DHL Int'l Express. It has to go through U.S. Customs and the product usually arrives at your door in 2 days. But if it takes longer I find that 20lbs has a much better chance of making it then 10lbs. When I get dry ice there is a Haszmat charge of a couple of bucks and it takes an hour round-trip to get it. Hate to say it but there's not enough profit in a 10lb order to justify an hour trip (on top of the trip to drop off the shipment) plus the additional dry ice charge. I can live with less orders if they're larger and can understand that the 20lb minimum will lessen my sales.

Dave

12-14-2002, 09:29 PM
i hadn't thought about that aspect of it, and now i totally understand. Just out of curiosity, do you have a job or do you make a living selling fish supplies and fish? It seems like you could get by with a lower minimum during winter months, because I don't think shipping uses climate-controlled transportation.

12-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Yeah I have other work to do. But I do work out of my home so it all fits in nicely. Summer or Winter doesn't matter if you're shipping to Texas, Florida etc. And often for the smaller towns the box sits in a warehouse overnight or in a heated car/truck while it's shipped. I've had packages make it frozen in a week and arrive thawed in 4 days. It all depends on the destination, how many hands it has to go through and the temperature that it sits in and is shipped in.

Dave

12-15-2002, 02:15 AM
better safe than sorry. I take it anyone that would truly try to make every customer perfectly happy (as I'm sure you would) would have too many replacements to fulfill for thawed food.

I do have a question, however.
When frozen bloodworms thaw, what is it that is so bad? Can you not feed refrozen bloodworms, and if not, how come? There are fully enclosed, so I take it nothing from the outside gets in. What is the reasoning behind this Dave? I'm sure you'd know if anyone would.

12-15-2002, 08:51 AM
Hikari 16oz bags are prone to splitting. There are often splits in the bag that you don't notice when the product is used frozen but when they thaw the worms and blood end up all over the place. Otherwise there's no harm in refreezing them.

Dave

Discusgeo
12-15-2002, 09:39 AM
David I am not sure if United Airlines is in your area. But when my food comes thru them United has a room that is cooled for these types of products until picked up at the airport. If they are in your area it might be a thought of changing carriers.
George

12-15-2002, 12:11 PM
I've received a few orders from Dave. Great every time... Arrived the 2nd day frozen solid. 20 lbs is really not that much if you have a few tanks of tropical fish. You can always try to find fellow hobbyist to split orders with and its not like its going to go bad if you keep it frozen.

JMO

Mike

12-15-2002, 04:15 PM
Easy for you to say Mike, what do you go through, 120 lbs. a week??? ;) ;) ;)

Jason
12-16-2002, 03:51 AM
I've received foods from Dave too, frozen solid, great deal. gave me x-tra naturose too!

and yes 20lbs ain't much, especialy if you order mysis :thumbsup:

chuck
12-16-2002, 08:55 AM
I also Recieved frozen BW from Dave, Came frozen solid!
Love throwing the dry Ice piece in water !!! ;D

chuck

12-16-2002, 12:11 PM
LOL Chuck, My boys love the dry ice and water thing. ;)

Mike