PDA

View Full Version : Altums and Ph

FishRule
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone,
I am new to the board (hi everyone!) and hope maybe some of you Discus fans also keep Altum Angelfish? I live in San Diego and our water is dreadful. Ph of 8.2 and very hard. I currently keep my Altums in Ph of 6.5 that I adjust using SeaChems Discus buffer. However, I do daily water changes and this makes me very nervous to play chemisty kit with the water. Does anyone keep their Altums in high Ph (over 8.0) and hard water? If so, how's it working for you? Would love to slowly convert them to the San Diego liquid rock (as we lovingly refer to it), but haven't found any useful info on this topic anywhere! Hope to hear from some of you with pros and cons, many thanks in advance!
FishLover

dm
12-28-2002, 01:26 AM
Welcome to the board.
Normally I would think you could acclamate them slowely but seeing how you have wild fish from soft water you might not want to chance it. Domestic bread fish seem to have a much easier time adjusting than wild fish do.

mas
12-29-2002, 01:51 AM
ive only seen altums once in real life. and they werent for sale. id love to try and keep them if only i could find one :( :)

.marcus