PDA

View Full Version : Storm comin' through, discus VERY aggressive

Steve_Warner
12-17-2002, 03:57 AM
Hi all,
A storm is coming through Vegas today/tonight and my discus are showing signs of extreme aggressiveness towards each other. They never act like this and tonight, they are brawlin' in the tank! They're eyes are as red as I've ever seen them, too. Anyone else notice strange behavior who has a storm blowing through lately?

Steve

lion
12-17-2002, 05:44 AM
I must say may 2 Marlboro's were also going at it last night and we were having heavy rains. The other 7 were fine.

Lorret

DarkDiscus
12-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Steve,

DO you think its the pressure change or something else which stimulates the discus?

John

Steve_Warner
12-17-2002, 11:59 PM
Hi all,
John, I can't figure it out.......YET!, but I'm workin on it. I think it might have to do with the pressure, as that is the only thing I can think would change in their environment inside my house(temp is regulated), besides LIGHT LEVELS........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm going to order a barometer from Cole-Parmer for my present to MYSELF to have some fun with. By the way, my pair spawned again two nights ago.......guess what time it was when they started to lay the eggs? They MUST know how to tell time! 6pm on the dot! I'm going to see when the summer comes and the sun sets later in the day if they lay eggs around sun down.......It might be a trigger with the light levels. Just a thought

Steve

12-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Steve,
I think you will find that the barometric (sp) has a great deal to do with it. I have noticed when storms are getting ready to come through here that the fish go alittle nuts. very aggresive towards each other.

Miles

DarkDiscus
12-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Steve,

Sounds like they are playing mood music, drinking cocktails and watching the sun go down... That must be what gets them in the mood.

Seriously, let us know what you find in regard to the barometric changes. It's very interesting.

John