PDA

View Full Version : Regulate Water Flow

h317
12-18-2002, 12:26 AM
I got my Mag 24 pump today. May plan is to pump water from the water storage bin in the basement directly in the tank on the 1st floor.

I am looking for something that regulate the water flow into the tank so the discus will not be scared.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

12-18-2002, 12:50 AM
go to the hardware store and get a ball valve....attach it to the end of your hose....the more you open the valve the stronger the flow...the more you close the valve the weaker the flow...
what i did was put a ball valve on the end of the hose, and then made a "hook shaped" end out of pvc that attaches after the ball valve so that i can hang the hose on my tanks...

Carol_Roberts
12-18-2002, 03:14 AM
Lots of the "quick connectors" (snaps two pieces of hoses together) have a lever so can regulate the water flow on the male piece - very cheap.
Carol :heart1:

RichieE
12-18-2002, 01:54 PM
It sounds like you might be looking for something to regulate the speed of the pump. I have a pump that has this as an option(hydrothruster) Its a box between the plug and the motor with a nob to control the power. I would try Radio Shack for something simular. HTH rich

peety
12-22-2002, 05:39 AM
Easy cheap option ;)

from your pump you add a tee

Then on one end of the tee add a tap

the other end goes to your tank

open the tap to reduce the flow to your tank

works like a dream ;D ;D ;D

peety

peety
12-22-2002, 05:41 AM
oops ...

obviously the tap flows water straight back into the tank and is really close to the pump ::) ::)