PDA

View Full Version : PICKING OFF WHITE EGGS

THEDISCUSGUY
12-18-2002, 07:07 PM
HEY ALL
I NEED HELP IN HOW TO PICK OFF THE WHITE EGGS! I CANT PICK THEM OFF IN THE WATER BECAUSE THEY ARE TO PRETECTIVE AND NUGE ME AWAY FROM THE EGGS...IS IT BETTER IF I LIFT THE CONE OUT OF THE WATER AND PICK THE WHITE EGGS OFF ??? I NEED TO NO THE BEST WAY OF DOIN IT OR ALL MY EGGS GET INFECTED
THX DALE

John_Nicholson
12-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Just leave the white eggs alone. They are not hurting anything.

-john

THEDISCUSGUY
12-18-2002, 07:30 PM
BUT I HAVE BEING TOLD THAT IF YOU LEAVE THE WHITE EGGS THEY GET BAD BACTERIA AND CAN SPREAD THOUGH OUT THE BATCH??? I HAVE A BATCH NOW AND ITS NOT THE BEST THEY HAVE HAD BUT GOOD ENOUGH ITS BEEN THE SECOND DAY...AND THERE ARE MORE WHITE EGGS EVERYTIME I LOOK AT THEM BUT I CAN ALSO SEE THE WIGGERLS STARTIN TO FORM AND SOME ARE STARTIN TO GET WHITE ???? IF I LEAVE THEM ALONE THEY WILL ALL GET INFECTED..

12-18-2002, 07:41 PM
The white eggs will not hurt the wigglers. The pair may move the wigglers, if not no big deal its not going to hurt them

Mike

THEDISCUSGUY
12-18-2002, 07:46 PM
YES TRUE BUT AFTER 48 HOURS THEN UNFERTILE EGGS GO WHITE AND GET THIS BAD BATERIA AND SPREADS TO THE FERTILE EGGS!!! IF A GOT WIGGERLS I WOULD ABOUT THE WHITE EGGS!!

12-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Take a large hammer and knock the eggs off of the cone. If a hammer doesn't work then use a large straw broom. Or just listen to the more knowledgeable folk here and leave them alone. I've had white eggs & large hatchout. I've also had lots of eggs get completely covered with fungus and still lots hatch. Listen to the advice you've been given.

Dave

12-18-2002, 08:36 PM
LOL Dave....Seeing as Mike is a breeder (as a profession), I think you should listen to him and leave the eggs alone.

fcdiscus
12-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Hey dave C- ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Frank

Tin Pusher
12-22-2002, 02:43 AM
Completely unrelated to your question and if you don't mind me saying in the most constructive way STOP YELLING. Capital letters in forums me you are shouting. Have a Merry Xmas :)

THEDISCUSGUY
12-23-2002, 04:58 AM
OMG SO SORRY.... dont you like people YELLING at you over the net lol
like you could here it ... and anyway i was in need of help

April
12-23-2002, 05:49 AM
hi. i agree . no picking off white eggs. it wont spread to healthy ones...and if it does...then you need to use someting to stop them from fungusing hte next time. i used to get them all white cept maybe 10. then i tried maroxy. no more fungused eggs. ;D
this last batch only the fwe he didnt fertilize turned white.
try it.
you cant lift the eggs out of the water....that im sure would kill them. leave them be.
good luck.
do you have maorxy over there? or some use hyde or blue.i had my best success with this.

12-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Sorry DiscusGuy, don't mean to laugh at your expense... ;)

Dave..... You got me rollin on that one. :funny::funny::funny::funny: Really? A large hammer? or perhaps a shopvac? ;D ;D

How are the eggs now, DG? You should be seeing wigglers soon. :thumbsup:

Julz :)