PDA

View Full Version : RTxPB fry 2wks

Carol_Roberts
12-21-2002, 03:13 AM
I don't see any eye bars, all are almost clear except for dark noses and foreheads (pepper, no doubt). You guys must have guessed right and all will be pigeons. Here they are with dad.
Carol :heart1:

Carol_Roberts
12-21-2002, 03:14 AM
and here is a closeup

April
12-21-2002, 03:17 AM
they have little tail bars...though.
will be interesting to see how they look.
how many carol?
your gonna have a full house. lol'

Carol_Roberts
12-21-2002, 03:23 AM
Yes they all have tail bars - must be 60 or so. More than enough for me to deal with. This time I will cull heavily. These guys are exactly 2 weeks today - how old are yorus now?
CArol :heart1:

12-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Carol, just out of curiosity, what do you do with the fish you cull?

Pick
12-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Looking good Carol! That is a Magnificent Yellow! I've always had a spot in my heart for yellow pigeons after I saw Wattley/Dagen's book "Discus Today". Mine are looking similar they are two days behind yours.

Great close up too! I know you have said before but what camera do you use?

TC

Dennis_Hardenburge
12-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Carol
Another great photo
Yep they look like mom
My limitided exsperience with PBs has me to believe the dark color on the heads will lighted up as they grow.
Nice job
Dennis

Discus_KC
12-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Carol,

Love your fish, and your photos !!!!!!!!!

Great Job,

Jack

Carol_Roberts
12-21-2002, 09:45 PM
HI Brad:
I put them in the freezer to cull them. I didn't cull very much last time. I'm not talking about deformities, there wern't any. I'm talking about football shape, small in size, funny stress bars. I grew them out to see how they changed over time. The small ones stay small. The shape doesn't change much. Since I live in a rural area and don't have a ready market for babies I need to learn how to pick out the best 10-20 from each spawn at an early age to grow out for myself.

Terry, I use a Sony Mavica FD 73. Is uses regular floppies that I just stick in drive A to look at and save to hard drive. I love the way it takes close ups.

It will be fun to see what kinds of patterns the babies develope. The mother was a bright blue (red turk) with very little red and had nice striations. Both parents have very nice, round bodies. Both have amber eyes - does that mean all babies will have amber eyes ?

darcy
12-21-2002, 10:22 PM
Carol
your little ones look great!!! Awesome pic's!! Maybe Santa will bring me a better camera this year!! All my babies are doing good also!!
keep us posted as they grow!
Darcy

hunterbeav
12-21-2002, 10:53 PM
Cool Carol congrats, good luck with them. I hope some day to get my fry that far. :)

12-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Why the freezer? It's not like ur gunna eat them...lol Do u put a conatiner of water with them in it in the freezer and freeze them in a block? Also, what do u do with them, toss them outside?

Carol_Roberts
12-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I do :-\ :'(