Here they are with dad at 21 days freeswimming
Carol :heart1:

Carol_Roberts
12-27-2002, 10:28 PM
21 days - chow time

Carol_Roberts
12-27-2002, 10:32 PM
They all have chubby pink cheeks (gills). Are they supposed to? I haven't seen any scratching at all . . .
Carol
:heart1:

brewmaster15
12-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Carol,
They are looking real good. Growing very well! Now we just need to get you shipping and set you up with a banner....

.... "we Judge our discus one by one"

----- Legal Discus breeders, master breeder, Carol Roberts

I'll start working on the graphics!

Take care, and nice work!,
al

brewmaster15
12-27-2002, 10:44 PM
As for the gills... if they aren't scratching and you don't have them dying, then they should be okay. Maybe you have created a new strain...blushers :)

seriously though, watch them to see if they are laboring at breathing , and watch for dying....bacteril is possible, but they look really healthy.

-al

fcdiscus
12-28-2002, 12:50 AM
Great size for 21 days Carol! CBW's! ;) Frank

Carol_Roberts
12-28-2002, 01:43 AM
Yep, they love the cbw, lol. I'm trying to get them to eat tetra bits now too.

They remind me of the boy on the Dutch Boy paint can or the Campbell Soup twins.

I took the dad out today. I'm going to give him a week or so and then introduce him to his new girlfriend . . . the white PB x BD that john nicholson brought to me.

Lol, Brew - I'm going to have to figure out something soon. I'm running out of tank space - again.

Wolf
12-28-2002, 02:56 AM
Great looking Fry. I can't wait until mine get to that point.

12-28-2002, 03:00 AM
Very round for such a young age, I must say!

Pick
12-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Wow! looking great Carol! That yellow just knocks me out every time you show him! The baby just up and left of Daddy's eye in the first photo is super round already. Treat him special! I can't believe how they are attacking the CBW's.

I'll be culling some footballs pretty soon. Mine will be 21d tomorrow. The group I pulled from the tank @ less than two weeks are only 3/4 the size of the ones still with the parents even though I've stuffed them with bs and Mike Reed no bs.

The ones in with the parents started labored breathing about three days ago but the parents seem normal. I started flubendazole yesterday.

TC

April
12-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Carol. they look great. and i think they overtook mine. i should ve left mine in with dad for 3 weeks.
next time i think i will.

Barb Newell
12-29-2002, 06:30 PM
Hi Carol; they're beautiful :)

Barb

RandalB
12-29-2002, 06:34 PM
My shipping address is............

Delta Dash to Chicago Midway.

RandalB

Carol_Roberts
12-29-2002, 07:45 PM
Thanks all. The dad was a very good parent, very calm and patient. This was his first brood. The mom was sent to Texas before they even went free swimming. You would never know they had a RT mother - all 70 look like clones of dad.

70 babies is plenty for me to care for. I can't imagine having 150 to feed and clean up after. I'm beginning to see why Dennis H. favors 65's.

joanr
12-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Hi Carol,

They are so cute! And all so yellow, that's strange. So much for percentages...lol. How are the first batch of fry from Cary's pair doing? I'd love to see some pics of them soon.

Joan

Discus Don
12-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Carol,

Good looking babies from an awesome dad! Maybe I'll have to plan that trip down south sooner rather than later. ;) Maybe someday I'll actually have something worth horse (or is that fish?) trading for....

BTW, where do you get your CBWs? By mail-order? I've been leery to go that route, but if you can vouch for a good experience, maybe I'll give it a shot. I'd like to introduce some variety into the diet of my discus, and cbws would be a nice treat for them.

Thanks,
-Don

Carol_Roberts
12-31-2002, 02:42 AM
Hi Don:
I order from Dan who has the banner at the top of the page. The worms arrive by airborne express. I've been getting 1 1/2 lbs every couple of weeks since early last summer and I swear by them. I've totally cut out beefheart and frozen foods. You're welcome to stop by anytime you're down south. I'm already planning my next batch of babies.