PDA

View Full Version : too many sticky notes..

ReeferKimberly
12-29-2002, 04:05 AM
this is just my opinion, but on many of these diff boards we have too many sticky notes. some have not been updated since august. they kinda get annoying when you have to keep scrolling down to see the new topics...

just my 2 cents (for what its worth)
~kim~

12-29-2002, 03:47 PM
I agree in some aspects, but there are many that are rather helpful. I think they just need to be sorted through and have some removed. The disease board got really bad a while back but then Al took a bunch of them off.

Ryan
12-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Topics that are not stickied will eventually drop off the message board after a certain number of days. If you go back to the very last page of archived posts on the general board, you will see that the first several months of topics have already disappeared. This is how the message board software works.

Some of the topics that have been stickied, in the Diseases and Foods sections for instance, are posts that we wanted to save. By stickying them, they do not get pruned and deleted by the software after a certain number of months.

Simply is working on a website that will include an articles library, where these will be permanently stored. Once they have been added to our library, we will no longer have a need to sticky the topics on the boards. Until then, it is our way of holding on to the useful information.

Ryan