PDA

View Full Version : Bad Scrape

Barb Newell
12-29-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi, my bd scraped himself on something last night. Today it looks pretty bad, white and mucky. I've got 2 tbsp/10 gals of salt in the tank and there's also prazi in there. They're in one of their final 24-hr prazi treatments, it comes out at 11pm tonight. Can I up the salt with prazi or any other suggestions? He seems fine, he's eating.

Barb

Barb Newell
12-29-2002, 04:05 PM
x

Carol_Roberts
12-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Hi Barb:
yes, you can add salt.

Boy that sure did fungus up fast. What is your water source? If well, I wonder if you have ground water contamination - if city water I wonder if they are skimping on chlorine.

My Africans are always getting scrapes, usually they don't fungus, but if they do it takes more than 24 hours to appear.

Furan 2 is also good for fungus and can be purchased at most any lfs.

Carol :heart1:

Barb Newell
12-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi Carol, city water. I know it turned bad fast. I've got 2 tbsp salt/10 gals in there now, should I up it to 5/10? I also have Furan-2 and MarOxy but doubt I could add it with prazi. I think I'll pull the prazi out early and treat him, what do you think? Don't really want to put him through the stress of netting and moving to QT tank right now.

Barb

Carol_Roberts
12-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Hi Barb:
I have never used Maroxy, but Frank recently recommended it. Use which ever you have on hand. I think it's OK to mix with prazi as that is for external parasites and the other is for fungus. But I am not sure.
Carol :heart1:

12-29-2002, 05:34 PM
I think Meth Blue would work as well. Melafix may be the way to go, as it should get rid of the fungus and then help the wound heal as well. I've had good luck with that so far.